Compuquilter Wreath Array

Cherie Walters

Hi all,

I thought I might share the following picture of a wreath array I stitched with my compuquilter.

The feather triangle is from Kerryn Emmerson's 'Perfect Feather Pack" and I digitized the motif in the centre from one in Hermione Agee's feather pack (with permission of course).

I set up and stitched the array then sized the inside motif to be slightly smaller than the inner diameter.

Cherie in Australia

With "Thourougly Modern Millie"

(Millennium with CQ)

Oh, Cherie, that is just GORGEOUS! The more I see this kind of quilting, the more I DO want the CQ.

I want to thank Barb, Sue, Grammie and Tina for replying to my previous post with questions about the CQ. It does appear to be easier than the PC Quilter and I'm sure it is much more proffessional. I now have to save up big time, I guess I won't be retiring from my day job any time soon. :(

I hope you will be able to read this post as I don't seem to get anything when I have posted. Don't know quite how that works as you got my questions, but I never actually had them come in as all the posts above. Does that make sense? :o

Phyllis Wright Millennium, Victoria, B.C.

Cherie,

That feather wreath is so perfect. As much as I have

struggled with computers (for 4 decades), only CQ or many

years of quilting experience can give you that perfect echo

on the feather. Every stitich is perfectly lined up. Love the

puffiness on the quilt too. What did you use for batting?

Thankyou ladies for such lovely comments on the wreath. It is amazing what CQ can do, and it really is worth the time it takes to play and see what happens.

CQ has such strong capabilities that it seems a real shame not to explore them and use the software to its fullest extent, or at least understand what it can do.

Ramona, the batting I used was Matilda's Own wool/poly wadding (60/40), It has a good loft, wonderful to quilt with and still offers warmth and comfort. There are other types in the range and it is worth looking at them.

Cherie in Australia

dring a millie with CQ

Archived