Hot fix chrystals?

On show quilts I have used them. They do come off if the quilt is to be used to much. Easy to used yes, my favorite source is Cheryl's Crystals. Its a mail order or quilt show business. Can't buy in a store. Although I do think some LQS might deal them. The ones I saw at Hobby Lobby weren't impressive to me so I didn't pick any up. Cheryl's are a bit pricey but they are real crystals and come in 144 piece packages.

I've never used crystals on a quilt, but have on garments and they stay on through the wash. I've purchased crystals from Creative Crystal and found their prices to be the best available, and they have the Swarovski crystals.. I think they sell wholesale, also.

http://www.creativecrystal.com/

I haven't used crystals from Hobby Lobby, but you will want the glass rather than plastic because the plastic melts.

Guest Linda S

The crystals should be put where you want them and not with the idea they can be moved. The glue will leave a residue on the quilt. If you heat them hot enough, they will stay there pretty much permanently, even through washings.

If you want to buy crystals wholesale, try www.kandicorp.com. I think you have to buy a minimum of $75 to begin with, but after that there is no minimum purchase. I can also buy their crystals wholesale at EE Schenck.

Linda

Originally posted by Front Porch Quilting

Bonnie are you talking about Cheri Meineke or is this something else?

Yes I believe that is her name....she is Linda Taylor's sidekick and lives in Texas. If you would, could you please find her site addy....I'm currently sitting in Siana's hospital room and unable to find it on the Blackberry.

Archived