Update w/pictures I am Furious, (caution venting ahead)UPDATE, UPDATE

OMG! Your quilts are fabulous!!! It's no small wonder that the pea brained "B" was jealous. I'm happy to hear that you got your well deserved ribbons. Take pride in the fact that the "B" knows you can out quilt the heck out of her! If you weren't a threat, none of this would have been an issue. Your paper piecing is stunning! I can only hope that someday my machine quilting can even begin to resemble this. I doubt it ever will, but I can dream, can't I?? LOL. I own my second of those fancy motorscooters the good people at Harley Davidson so finely manufacture. It doesn't make me a professional

motorcross racer ~ but it does allow me to fly in the wind! Mind you, Harley wasn't my first bike and it doesn't lessen the experience I gained on my first three imports. One of these days I will graduate to a Millenium, however, I am currently happy to learn on my Discovery. Celebrate your victory and don't waste any more brain time on the little witch. Save your energy for your creations. I suspect all of this may inspire you to create your best masterpiece yet!! Imagine the sweet victory of that and just think of what a thorn that would be in her side *grins*.

Tracey

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tbelle2u

One of these days I will graduate to a Millenium, however, I am currently happy to learn on my Discovery.

Tracey

There's nothing wrong with a Discovery, you will be thrilled with what can be achieved on it. Not all award winning quilts come off a Millenium you know. My baby get's it's fair share too.

Ferret

Wonderful quilts...and what a bunch of ribbons, such a shame that this is going to leave a sour taste in your mouth.....I can see why that 'green eyed monster' surfaced... but they really should be ashamed of themselves.....

You keep up the good work...they'll all see your name 'up there' in the future!!

Yay, Lynda! Victory is sweet! I'm so happy you came out on top on this. And you were the bigger person all the way around. I'm so proud of you! I would have probably let my mouth run when confronted by the woman that didn't want to fork over the ribbons. I'd have had to ask her exactly why she had a problem with it, or did she always allow gossip to be her rule of thumb? Keep us posted on the results for the letters.

What did the "Bs" quilts look like ??? Hers probably don't even stand a chance against yours. Fabulous quilts !!!! Glad you got your ribbons, but it's a bitter-sweet victory because of the treatment you got when you picked up your quilts. So sad that a few ??? can yield so much power and cause trouble.

Guest Linda S

Lynda - those quilts are spectacular and well deserving of the ribbons they got. NOW, you need to enter them in some of the national show and win yourself not only some ribbons, but some real money!! You go for it gal. You are a very talented quilter. The piecing alone is amazing, and your quilting just makes them shine. Let those po-dunk county folks suffer without your lovely quilts to display.

Your quilts are fabulous. I can see why "B" wanted you out of her competition. I am sure you entries made her entries look pitiful in comparison. Your work is wonderful and you have great color sense. Now lets see these quilts in a national show.

Pamela

Thank you ALL so much, I am overwhelmed.

Rita, Tumbling Blocks was inspired by several different pictures in "One-Block Wonders, Encore". While I am not much of a fan of stack and whack type quilts I thought the dimensional blocks really made it interesting. Once I got going I just started slicing and dicing and incorporated several of the pictures. I suppose I wanted to use up all the items I liked so I wouldn't have to do another stack and whack!!:P

Wonderful!!! Those quilts are AWESOME!!!! :cool: You just had too many and they are all much too wonderful to let anybody else get a ribbon.... so that is what they did to you.... SO glad you stood by your grounds and came home with the ribbons!!! Way to go girl - and you did these all in a year or so??? Yeicks - you really did EARN those ribbons!!

can I just ask again what they "pay-out" for a Grand Champion or something?? I am guessing this isn't a big money making adventure....

I think the premium awards are $3 per Blue ribbon, $2 per Red ribbon and $1 per White ribbon. I had 7 blues and 3 reds which if my math is correct should add to $30. I received $19. I am not sure how or why but then I haven't been sure of how or why of any of this.

There were also gift certificates from various sponsors that if I am reading the book correctly, I think I should have received $100 in those. I did not get any of those although I received a message through Facebook today saying that they had forgotten to give me my $25 certificate for Best Wallhanging and did I want them to send it. I thought about that for awhile and responded to them to keep it.

Although this has been one of the most hurtful episodes in my life and I still want to help them create a fair and equitable show I just don't want to spend any more of my time with it.

Thank you all again for your support.

Oh Linda, I am so sorry that your anticipation and excitement of making and entering these wonderfully artistic quilts had to be dampered by all that drama, jealousy and accusations!! Unfortunately the Fair mentality is not as professional as quilt shows and , where hopefully you would have been honored and elevated for your notorious work instead of demeaned and chastised as a cheater. I do hope that you will continue to make and enter quilts in Fairs and shows and not let this experience effect your future entries. You have a God given talent and it needs to be admired and recognized!!!! Love, love, love all your quilts. :D:D

Lynda - my other thought today was about your HAND quilted item..... now that one had nothing to do with your "$30,000" machine.........

You are just "THAT GOOD" and you should tell them so!!! Way to go again - awesome quilts - such amazing piecing and quilting!!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. So sorry you had to have such a bad experience - don't run and hide from that NASTY-one though.... every time you see her just give her your biggest and best Prize-winning-Ribbon-toteing SMILE!!! :P:D:cool:

You EARNED it baby!!! tell her "na-na-na-boo-boo"!!!!! :D:P:cool:

Archived