Needle is hitting the bobbin

lmgraves6

I am working on an older model "Ultimate 1". I broke a needle then noticed that the bobbin is dinged up. I have replaced the bobbin and needle but it continues to hit the bobbin occasionally, making a clanging noise but it continues to sew without breaking the needle. Surely there is an easy solution. It seems to be timed properly with each restart but continues to clang occasionally. Stitches look ok too. I have ruened 2 bobbins already.

Originally posted by lmgraves6

then noticed that the bobbin is dinged up. I have replaced the bobbin and needle but it continues to hit the bobbin occasionally,

I had this problem with my Older ULTII it would chew up bobbins on one side only....then I discovered that the bobbins were a bit narrow and not sitting in the bobbin basket deep enough and were wobbling in and out as the thread would come off....they were "L" bobbins but weren't as wide side to side as should be...when I would put two bobbins flat on the table you could see that the one that was getting chewed up wasn't as tall as the one that wasn't. This may not be your problem, but once I chucked all the narrow bobbins out I didn't have this problem any more, and yes it was because I broke a needle that I even discovered it...

Hi

Another thing to check is that the complete hook assembly does not move front to back.

Hold the hook assembly firmly and try to pull it towards you and then push it away. If there is any front to back movement, this could be your problem.

Good luck

sue in australia

Archived