Help !! Lenni testing me!!

How often is the thread breaking?

Have you tried loosening the top tension? you have to turn it quite a bit to have an effect.

Making sure that thread is going through all the guides and engaged in that disc tension thingy?

Try a thread net?

Some sewers aid?

Its all cleaned and oiled? No lint built up anywhere? Try blowing it out anyway.

Quilt isnt pulled too tight?

These are the easy ones - you'll need Shana or someone like that if these easy fixes dont help.

Thanks Meg

When I sew right to left it breaks every 5 stitches or so. Really gets aggrivating

I have tried to loosen tension some will try to loosen some more.

did blow out lint and clean, oil before I started, will check lint again.

If this don't work I will have to call someone, now that it is Monday. Maybe Lenni doesn't want to work weekends any more. lol

Laura -

Since it's happening so often, make sure you are not missing one of the thread guides on the machine. Especially check that one that is a right angle towards the front before you go up into the one that moves up and down. (I know - I'm just so technical) Sometimes it just pops out while you are sewing and you dont even realize it. Ask me how I know?

Sew Crazy,

Thread breakage while moving right to left can be caused by a bad spool of thread, a nick on the hook assembly (have you broken a needle?), or simply tension that's too tight.

When you move right to left, the needle flexes ahead of the hook. If it pulls hard enough, the hook slices the thread.

Try loosening up your top tension quite a bit, along with your bobbin. Then start slowly tightening the top a little at at time until you get a nice stitch without the thread pulling so hard.

You may benefit from checking out the video on tension and quilting direction, too:

Needle Flex and Tension

If you're still having trouble, just let me know!

Archived