Has anyone tried Transfer Eze ?????????

I recently went to a web site that was promoting this product and was wondering if anyone has tried it yet and what you thought of it. Seems as thou you transfer your design onto the paper thru the computer peel it off and stick it where you want the design and sew, then it disolves with cold water. I would be interested to know what you thought of it.

well, im thinking that this would add another step that could be avoided using pounce & a stencil. or actually 2 steps if you used a panto.

cause you would still have to follow a pattern with either your eye or a laser, right? or am i missing something?

Meg, I agree. I tried pounce and just do not likie all the powder in the machine and or in the air. My eye sight is poor and I really lay pounce down thick. Just another thing to try. I have used solvy but you don't put it on with the computer but draw it down and then pin it down instead of it being tacky.

Great product, but I am not sure longarm quilting would be a good place to use this.

First--the design is only as big as a piece of copy paper. Great for block designs, but what about the border and sashing? Or a block bigger than 7 inches square?

Second--what is the cost? Most dissolving stabilizers are pricey.

Third--does the black printing transfer to the fabric?

Last--the critique said that after dissolving, the stitches she did were looser than she thought they should be--caused by the thickness of the sheet. I would think though, that machine stitching would be tighter and that wouldn't be an issue.

I love to see new applications that help with accurate stitching.

A hint for stencil usage where you don't want to use pounce chalk--use a purple (air-erase) or blue (water-erase) pen to mark through your stencils. That gives a nice dark line. For stencil marking on darks--try a Bohin or Sew-line pencil in white. You will love the bright mark you can get.

Hi,

I have this, and am doing a project now. I will be selling in my store (www.auntiepami.com). I would not recommend it for LA, as it is expensive for that purpose. But, the selling feature for me is I can "copy" my embroidery pattern onto the transfer eze and then stitch away and when done, rinse away. I hate tracing! Remember that Winter Wonderland quilt by Crabapple Hill (Redwork and some patchwork)? I love that quilt, but I don't have the time to trace. It is easy to use, just load like paper (I put in a blank piece of plain paper with an "X" on it so I could be sure to load the Transfer Eze in. It is a little thicker to stitch through, but not a big deal. I'll try and post some photos soon.

Archived