Flooding in Iowa

Was in Carroll lastweek for Amy's class. Saw lots of fllooded fields and heard stories of other Iowa towns while having breakfast in a local cafe and then the news of more more heavy rain and flooding this week. Wish you all well and my thoughts are with you through the floods.

Went through the 93 floods though my house was on a hill and not much other than a flooded unfinished basement lots of bleach and scrubbing later. Our valley was under water and it was a 3 hour drive to work instead of 20 min. Many friends lost their homes to the water. You can send some of that rain our way here in KC MO . In July we would not have wanted it but now we do . jeri

Thoughts and prayers to all of you affected by the floods. I know all too well the horrors of flooding and can sympathize! Two years ago we got hit hard by the storms and flooding. Home owner's insurance replaced the roof but not the foundation, furnace and hot water heater. We are not in a flood zone, so never thought about flood insurance. We made a lot of changes to our landscape to avoid flooding in the future in case of rains like that again.

Wishing all of you in Iowa the best of luck through these floods.

Went through the 93 floods. My house up high on a hill over a very flooded river and many friends who lost homes when the Missouri River levy broke right across from St. Joe MO . Amazing what happens with people when disasters hit. Our area at that time had no public water for almost 2 weeks. We were fortunate and had a well and also had town water avail so we switched to all well water. Lived outside of a tiny town and let the post office and the mayor know that we had water if anyone needed it and the house would be unlocked (not sure if we ever had a key) if any anyone needed a shower because we worked during the day. For a couple of years after that we'd come home to very unexpected gifts of home canned goods, a dinner casserole ready to re-heat in my frig, cookies, a special treat of some sort, and a note saying thanks water when we really needed it rarely was it signed with a name. It just made us feel good that we could help in a small way .

Archived