Trying Superior Rainbow Thread (picture)

I'm using some of the new Superior Rainbow thread this morning and it is totally awesome! If you haven't tried it, you need to at least get some to play with. I'll post pictures on my web page once I get it done and let you all know.

Judy Laquidara

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sylvia Jacobus

Totally awesome thread. So very easy to use!! So I agree with Judy and Carla. Being the thread freak that I am, it's so very hard having these guys next door to us at quilt shows!!! They're going to be our neighbors at the Seattle Innovations show! Yikes! What can I do?

Now that I've learned to post pictures, here's a picture of one of my own quilts where I used the Superior Rainbow thread. I just love it! Hope the picture shows the stitching nice enough. Remember . . I don't have a S/R so don't be critical of my stitches!:P

Hello Everyone!

Judy, your quilting in wonderful! Love the free-handing; and the Superior thread is like icing on the cake.

I thought it was interesting - in the Superior booth at QTQ, they would stitch one cone of their thread on different colors of fabrics. Each sample took on a different look! It pays to play and be open-minded about our thread!

Have a great week everyone! Darcie

• 1 month later...

Just returned from Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, California, where I got to chat with Bob and Heather from Superior Threads. They are super-nice folks and so very knowledgeable about thread! They are so helpful!! The showed me their four new PolyQuilter colors and they are awesome indeed. They just keep on coming with new colors for us all the time! If you're not familiar with PolyQuilter, it is a VERY high-quality polyester which looks a LOT like cotton on your quilt but is really easy to use. Very versatile thread. Check them out on the internet at www.superiorthreads.com .

Addiction, indeed!!! Non-machine quilters look at me so funny when I tell them that I had sooo much fun at the thread vendor at such-n-such quilt show. But, much of the population does not "get us," do they??!!

Anyway, I hope that I can say this here...I would encourage you all to check Superior's web-site, even if you have not used their thread. Bob puts out a great newsletter, I believe monthly. ??? Pretty informative...and sometimes a good special on thread. Who doesn't like a deal?! (Not affiliatied, just pleased.)

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

darcie

Touching my thread collection is like invading my wife's fabric stash! :D

I haven't been quilting THAT long and I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 spools on their little racks on the wall. :) But, they're absolutely gorgeous!

"But, honey, I HAVE to have that color", I say to my wife... I might need it sometime [referring to some off-shade of a "mustardy yellowish ochre"]

Only an addict would understand that previous statement! :D

Judy:

Of course the reason you have a bit better luck with the Polyquilter is because the polyester thread is a bit easier to use in regard to tension adjustment. But it sounds like you are using a variety of threads in your work and getting good results. Excellent for you!! The Superior Polyquilter is a gorgeous thread and I really think it looks like a cotton thread. Such quality! I tell ya! The Superior Thread folks are the best when it comes to insuring quality in their product as well as providing wonderful, friendly customer service. Has anyone tried the bobbin thread yet? Would welcome any and all comments. I think we need to get Bob and Heather on this website to offer some assistance/advice on their thread when we need it. Maybe I'll send them an email today. That would be fun!:D

• 4 weeks later...

Just received word from Bob at Superior Threads and here's the scoop: They have 8 new colors that have not yet been posted on their website, but check back often because they are working on getting that done. He also told me they have some new Rainbows colors in the works! So we'll have to watch for those. ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks Norece, it's funny that before I got my machine I didn't see what the big deal was about all the different threads. Now, I have to admit, I get pretty excited about trying new threads and, for sure, there are a lot of customers who drool over all the looks that can be achieved.

I'd better get back to quilting! This week I've just started putting McTavishing on customer quilts, pretty time-consuming...I'll have to work out new prices in the future. It's beautiful tho', can't wait to see the reaction to the quilt!

Maybe on the weekend I'll get a practice piece in and try the King Tut, have a great day everyone....Sandra, Liberty

Guest Linda S

Ema - I think someone drug up a very old post of Judy's and the link to the picture no longer works. The original date on the message is from 2002.

Linda

Judy - I apologize. I didn't look at the date. I'm sorry if I have inconvenienced you. I hit Today's Posts and an item on Rainbow thread came up. When I saw your name and something about a picture, knowing that you do beautiful work, I wanted to see it.

Again, I'm sorry to have bothered you for something from 3 years ago. Believe me, I will look at the dates from here on out!

Ema - Ultimate I :(

Ema: I wasn't complaining!! I would have wanted to know if I had looked at it and couldn't find the picture either. I just was shocked that it had been 3 years since I first played around with Rainbow thread.

Ask any time!! It was no trouble at all. The picture was on my webshots page.

I'm sorry . . surely didn't want you to think I was upset about your post!

Sometimes these old posts seem to pop up; I don't know why. I know one time I responded to a post about something or other, then after posting it, noticed that I had just answered something that had originally been posted several years ago! I felt really dumb!!!

Archived