Mini Swap

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have my top (including the hand applique:P) done....bought borders yesterday. hope to get border on it next week and get it quilted next week end!

hope my partner likes it....

BTW- i still have people who have not replied to my email about receiving your partner's info. as the 'organizer' of this swap- this is the ONLY way i know that you got the email. the 'rules' are in place to guide the swappers smoothly and that all play fair with the same guidelines..... i will list names if i don't hear from you soon!

don't make me get my stinger out :)

Quit sewing on it to come check out the posts! I'm actually doing a miniature (it's an old pattern from the Miniature Quilt magazine). The pieced blocks are 2 1/2" square, and yes, I'm squaring them up. I have two out of 9 rows done with all blocks set in place to piece. 56 blocks, 56 colors plus 2 borders. Just trying something different, and I'm liking it! I hope my partner likes it, too!

Karol, not an overachiever or else I would have mine done like you have yours already done!:D

Linda, the swaps I've joined have been put together by non other than DoodleBug and she's posted them here on the forum. Hope you can join in some time.

Kristina, you are WAY too busy!

Anya, what I'm doing is completely different than what Monika did (a picture of hers is on her blog and is beautiful). So I agree with Kristina...take your chance.

Originally posted by Linda S

Where do you gals plan these swaps? I see them crop up from time to time, but always mid-stream.

i posted the orginal post under 'birthday block exchange' thread....sorry you missed it.....if all goes well (so far it is) i plan on hosting another after the holidays/first of the year! keep an eye out for the posting...

just out of curiousity- do you hit the 'today's posts' button at the top of the page? it shows all new posts of the day on the same page, even if it was posted under different headings...that way you never miss a 'hot' thread

post--13461904564223_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Nope - been coming here for six years now and never hit the Today's Posts thing. Looks like you learn something new every day. DOH! I'll look for the next one after the holidays.

I'm putting the binding on mine tomorrow. Sure hope my swapee likes it.:D

I put a sneak preview on my blog ....the only thing I show is the frogging that I had to do.....lol

Cindy ....your blocks are tiny too! Mine are 2" and I squared them up also. This was a challange for me.:D

I have always made quilts for family and friends so this is fun to receive my first quilt from someone else. Can hardly wait.... have plans for it too. I'm so excited!

Rebecca, mine finished 2" also. I put the final border on this morning and now going to have to figure out how to quilt this small. :D I think that will be the bigger challenge for me.

I know what you mean about getting a quilt from somebody else...this will be my first with the exception of those from my MIL years ago. I hope by then my new quilt studio will be done to hang my secret swap quilt, but I'm not holding my breath. They worked less than two hours this morning and it was nice and cool this morning (the heat was the excuse they've used for the past two weeks for only working 2-3 hours a day). I don't get contractors. :mad:

How are you quilting yours, Rebecca?

Can't wait to see pictures of everybody's quilts. Wonder if Doodlebug heard from everyone yet or needs additional quilts to swap?

Originally posted by CindyT

Wonder if Doodlebug heard from everyone yet or needs additional quilts to swap?

i have heard from everyone- *blush* some were out of town on va-cay...

so as of right now, i don't see a need for additional quilts.....but i'm still making an extra- ya never know

Cindy...... I quilted mine small because of it being a mini quilt ...... what was hard was coming up with a design pattern, I didn't use a stencil for my center and now I wished I would have, I quilted it freehand, not sure I like it but I don't want to frog, stitches are to tiny... so I figure it is my (artist ..lol) design and hope she likes it. It will be an orginal...lolol:P:P

Archived