Business Cards

i don't put my street address on my card- i don't want customers showing up unannounced...i would definitely clarify that your machine quilt....that way you won't get people wanting you to piece quilts or hand quilt a quilt...i would also (if it fits) put smoke free / pet free...if you have a website/or some kind of pictures gallery of your quilts...

I also put "By Appointment Only" and did not put my address on it for those same reasons. I started with the 250 free business cards from vistaprint.com. The "free" quality didn't make the cards print very boldly, but I bet when I order again and actually pay for them, the print quality will be much better (I hope). I got them much quicker than the 21 days they said it would take. I like the idea of being able to put a picture of your quilting in the background though. That will be on my "next" business card wish list.

there's a company called Moo ( http://us.moo.com/en/ ) that allows you to upload up to 100 different images of your own to put on the back of the cards. it's a bit pricey- but i'm thinking about doing one order to take to quilt shows only. i'm going to use the close up shots of my customers quilts with my info on the reverse side...i think that would scream 'professional' quilter :)

i know that there are websites dedicated to collecting the Mini-Moo business cards (mostly artists who picture thier original art on the reverse. what a neat idea to think that my business cards would be 'collection' worthy)

To clarify, I also don't put my address on the business cards for the very reason that I don't want anyone to show up un-announced AND there are some customers who have called that I would prefer not to do business with and don't want them to know where I live (the creepy kind)...

I had some business cards made up when I first started but was so dissappointed with them that I did not accept and pay for them. I found that I can make my own up in batches as I need them on my own home computer. I found some no perferated snap apart business cards that look pretty nice and I use an off white color with color ink...I like how it looks and it looks differant than the other cards at the LQS.

I agree with Vicki... You can also use the program "Picasa" to load your pictures and make your own business cards. I don't put the address on my card either, just phone# and email, of course the blog so they can see the quiltillng. I have my card posted on my blog if you would like to see it. You can purchase card stock or photo paper at the office supply stores to make up your own. I think the cards look great using your own photo of your quilts. I also make my up in batches when needed.:D

I agree with everyone above about the address and photo of a quilt. I get my business cards printed at www.gotprint.com, you design your own card the way you want it, I think you can upload a photo. I have information on both sides of my card and I pay like $50.00 to $ 60.00 for 5,000 cards. I usually get the cards in about 7 days.

Archived