Sharon, I hope you find some things that work for you to get over your burn-out. It's not fun when you are feeling this way. I have not been feeling burned out from quilting, but have been feeling very burned out this summer with my garden, so I know what you mean.

We have a HUGE garden and I do lots and lots of canning, while also working a full-time, stressful (management) job. My therapy is my sewing and quilting. This summer has been a very unusual gardening summer because of the warm, humid weather that we have been having. So my garden has just gone nuts, with loads and loads of beautiful vegetables that are all coming around the same time, instead of being spread out a bit over the summer. So I have this exceptional crop that is way more than we need, even with canning enough for all of our married kids and their children. I have been giving lots of fresh veggies away to friends and co-workers too. All of this, combined with the fact that we have had so much rain this summer that it has been impossible trying to keep up with the weeds along with the "harvest". My husband normally runs the garden tiller through the garden at least once a week so we usually have a beautiful garden.......but not this year. :( But the weeds have NOT affected my crop.......just my enjoyment in looking at my garden......

Anyway, I have been feeling very overwhelmed with all my garden stuff, to the point where my dh and I finally had a good talk a couple weeks ago and after I explained to him how I have been feeling, we have agreed to cut way back on our garden next year. I have always loved gardening but this year it has gotten so ridiculous trying to keep up to everything that I am not enjoying it and am actually resenting it. Add on top of this, I have been really resenting being so busy with the garden and everything else that I can barely find any time to sew...........then that really stresses me out!

So take the time to figure out what changes you need to make in your life so that you can find a renewed love of quilting again and your creativity will come soaring back! :D

Darlene, thank you for sharing your experiences with all of us. It really helps to hear that others have struggled with some of these feelings and have found ways to get past it and enjoy their lives again. :)

Archived