Star-Quilt...

The huuuuge "fields" of orange I didn?t like very much, so I used a variegated Rainbow-thread (golden,red,green and turquoise) to "break" up these fields! And I quilted half circles at bottom and top - you will see on my webshot - to fill the space!

I was a challenge , I have to tell;):D

Best wishes....

Claudia

Claudia!

The quilts that you do are so very beautiful!

I think the colors are great, it really pops & stands out.

Just love what you did, be happy your customer is going to be one delighted lady! :)

OH my that was a bright one to work on........ did you have to wear sun glasses? (I am thinking it would have given me more of a head ache than I have had):( Beautiful work...... the thread sure helped tone down the orange... it gave the eye something to look at other that looking at the sun effect that just the orange would have.

Claudia,

Once again your quilting is just fantastic, can't belive your customer hasn't made any comments, but maybe she's speechless..But I think you Germans are all a little "off center" don't you know how to make any normals quilts? or are you all trying to out do each other..The quilts you show are always just spectacular!!:P

Hester

Hi Sue and all!:D

Thank you all for your nice comments!

I used - it was my first try - Renae?s arcs for quilting the circles, and I used Renaes?s ray for drawing the lines around the circles! It was really fun!:D

The diamonds in the sashing I?ve quilted with Sherry Rogers? triangle ruler.

Wonderful gadgets - I don?t want to miss them!:cool:

Hey Hester! Yeaaahhh - we German are a little bit funny:cool:;) - of course there are normal quilts , but whenever I want to do a "normal" one, I can?t stop myself;):cool:

Have a great day....

Best wishes from over the ocean....

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

Don't ever be afraid of your work. I'll take that fabulous quilt if the maker doesn't like it. As an art gallery owner I have the undaunghting task of turning away artists works and than again someone will walk in and everything shouts out loud from the piece. This is one of those. And you just added the right amount of pazzazz to make it even better. I would hang it in a flash at my gallery and ask any price you would desire.

Beautiful & inspiring, both in color & stitching. I'll get in line with all of those above me that would be glad to have that quilt!!! Somehow though, I don't think that is going to happen. If the owner doesn't just love it, I'll be very surprised.

Archived