anti-fatigue mat

tsurich

Hi All,

At AQS this year I saw a booth with interlocking cushion-y flooring that was printed to look like wood flooring. Would love to have this in my studio. Anyone have any ideas? What do all of you use as a mat. My studio is what once would have been the "parlor" in an old farmhouse and can be seen from the livingroom so would like the mat to look as nice as possible.

Thanks, Sue

Sue, I don't have any of this flooring, but have considered getting somethign for my dewing room and for my classroom at school.

My husband is working part time at Tractor Supply company and they sell something called stall mats. These are 4 ft x 6 ft, made of black rubber about 1 1/2-2 inches thick. I tried one in the store and liked how it felt, but the black rubber is kind of ugly. I still may get a few for my classroom and see how they feel to stand on for 8 hours straight.

I bought anit-fatigue mats at Home Depot, and took them back the next day. They smelled so bad! My studio is in the basement, but we could smell them in our bedroom on the second floor. I currently have 2 braided wool rugs, and no problem standing as long as I need to. I hate to wear shoes in the house, but keep a pair of Birkenstocks next to my machine to wear when I'm quilting. It's that or I find I can't walk after an hour or so.

Beth

I just got an anti-fatigue mat 3' x 6' to run along the front

of my machine. It is foam rubber covered by a heavy duty

rubber mat. I got it in walnut color but it had several choices.

I;ve only had the mat a week but it sure cushions my feet

while I stand and quilt. I think it was $152.

They have several models.

http://www.notrax.com

sue...

i got anti-fatigue (gray, altho i think they had other colors) at Lowe's...i just had them cut the length i wanted....was inexpensive....they are just wonderful....i can stand at the machine for a a good length of time without any problems....

sc

Originally posted by tsurich

Hi All,

At AQS this year I saw a booth with interlocking cushion-y flooring that was printed to look like wood flooring. Would love to have this in my studio. Anyone have any ideas? What do all of you use as a mat. My studio is what once would have been the "parlor" in an old farmhouse and can be seen from the livingroom so would like the mat to look as nice as possible.

Thanks, Sue

I found a company on the internet that sold anti fatigue mats as long as you want them. They also sold "defective" mats for a very reduced price. I have a ceramic tile floor and put one on each side of the table. Mine are about 12' long and 2' wide. I don't know what is "defective" about them, because they look fine to me. I can't remember the name right now, but I will check and see if I can find an invoice or something and post it if anyone is interested. I think the 2 mats cost me less than $100 for both,including shipping.

Teresa in Iowa

I was considering mats too when I first got my machine. I have tile floors and it's hard and gets very cold in the winter. I saw a post from Linda Stellar about wearing "Crocs" the funny looking rubber shoes. Well, I ordered a pair for 30 bucks vs the hundreds for mats and now my "anti-fatique" mat goes where ever I do! :P

Patty

I have Crocs also and swear I'm wearing them to Disney world no matter how "Goofy" they look.

They are the only shoe I can be in all day and it saves my back dearly. I found them at Dick's Sporting goods for $30.00. I have seen look-a-likes in Walmart and such, but they are not the same. Worth the $30 for the name and you can tell the difference by their softness.

I got something like them at Payless called airwalks they are the bomb, I have green, bright yellow and orange my dh picked those out. My back is now in AWE of these wonderful shoes. I wear nothing else any more.

Paid around $17. Found they had a sale once buy one get second pair for half price. I'm looking to buy more...Love my shoes.

Guest Linda S

LOL! Yes! I bought Crocs instead of getting anti fatigue mats. They work great! I have purple ones to quilt in, green ones to work in the yard, and I even have a pair of black crocs flip flops for dressier occasions! :D You can get them lots of places -- www.crocs.com or I get mine from www.sahalie.com. I've also seen them at REI. Whe I went to Market and Festival in Houston last year, I'll bet I could have made a fortune if I had a crocs booth. I had so many women with painful expressions on their faces come up to ask me if my shoes were comfortable. I think they could tell they were, as I didn't have that same painful expression on my face!

Linda

Another believer in the 'ugly' shoes LOL I bought a pair a few weeks ago after reading about them on a LA email list...must say when I saw them hanging in the store at the mall I had my doubts...but, after wearing them for just a short time, I dont think I ever want to be without a pair of these! :) In Canada 34.99 at North by Northwest.

My sister and I stopped at Payless to get my mom some dress shoes for a special occasion. My sister talked me into trying on the "airwalkers" I also thought they looked pretty goofy. But we both got a pair of blue, pink & yellow tie-dyed looking ones and they feel great. I have a lot of problems wearing shoes, but very impressed with the comfort level these provide. They werre only $14.99 in Peculiar, MO.

Hi everyone,

I had been reading about the crocs in chat rooms for some time so I decided to go to their website to check them out (www.crocs.com). I order a pair...plus a pair for my DH. And DH wears his in the evenings and weekends when not in his cruddy work boots (he's a farmer). I love them. I notice the difference when standing a lot. They are ugly, but I'm going to order a bright color next time. The black seemed pretty safe to start with. They are about $30. Check their site for stores that carry them in your area, but call first, the list is old. One store I called doesn't carry them anymore.

Let me just say, Crocs are very comfortable, kind of like walking on a cloud. I have had lower back surgery and knee surgery. My feet hurt all the time, so when my daughter gave me some for Christmas I was over joyed. However, I cannot wear them because of static electricity. We have humidifiers going in the winter, and dehumidifiers going in the summer, but in the midwest humidity is so hard to regulate. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, I can't wear them. It is so bad that when I turn a corner, I don't even touch the wall, but a bolt of electricity shoots out from the metal corner bead under the paint. The microwave gets me when I try to touch the button to open the door - and it is plastic. The refrigerator gets me. And the last straw was the phone, I don't remember who's ear I shouted in, but when my knuckles touched my cheek I almost went into orbit. That was the last time I wore my Crocks. They are too dangerous for me:D

Archived