Barn quilt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

That is so cool! On the Oregon Coast, between Newport and Astoria, a lot of the barns have quilt blocks on them. They look really wonderful as you discover each one. :D

I love this quilt! I have never seen a quilt like this one. The quilting is phenominal. I love the detail you put into this. You should be really proud of this one! Wonderful Job!!

The barn quilts are popular in Iowa too. This is going in my favorites. I have a few people I want to show this to.

This quilt is quite the inspiration to me. I have a Thimbleberries "Hometime Christmas" quilt to LA quilt. It has lots of building, trees, packages, etc. I am going to refer to your quilt when it comes time to quilt it. Thanks so much for posting.

Guest Linda S

I didn't realize this was an old post. No matter! I have been thinking, for some time, of making a small "barn quilt" for the front of my house. I have a small part of the roof (don't know what you call it) that extends out over the front porch, and I thought a little painted quilt block, on point, right at the front of it would be really pretty. I'm also thinking of repainting the front door to match. I'm also thinking of painting the doors on the garden shed in a quilt block design. I figure people need to know whose house this is! ;)

Archived