Desperate for this fabric in white- REWARD- Got it!! GLENDA YOU ROCK!!!

DB

I am desperately looking for this fabric in white to complete a quilt. I can locate it in beige at Joann's but not in the white. They can't find it for me unless I have the style/lot number. Any chance anyone has some of this in their stash? Hope this posting works, I don't usually have luck with posting photos.

Dianne

srangleystarbirds046.jpg

Linda

I believe it is a Joann's brand. There is nothing on the selvage. I used white fabric out of my stash but must have mismeasured and ran short. I have spent over a year looking for extra fabric. I found the beige at Joann's so believe it is their fabric that I am looking for, exact same print except mine is white on white. I took a picture of the bolt at the store because I thought it would show up better on the computer. You would think that If I asked for this print in white at the store that I might get somewhere but it doesn't work that way at Joann's. The white would have a totally different skew/lot/pattern number than the beige. Makes no sense to me. I went through the order/catalog books at the store and could not locate it. I'm so fustrated.

You can't believe how big my fabric stash is, and I can't believe I ran short.

If anyone has this I would be willing to buy any yardage that you would be willing to sell. I would love to get this quilt out of the unfinished pile.

Dianne

Walmart no longer carries fabric east of the Mississippi. Although that was a good idea because I do remember seeing some of the same fabric at both stores. I have hit every Joann's I come across with no luck. There used to be a Hancocks in RI about 45 minutes from me but it went out of business.

I truly appreciate any suggestions.

Dianne

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

I have sometimes seen fabric in Wal Mart that I have seen in JoAnn's.

Try Fabric.com too.

Unfortunately for us here in New England, most of our Wal-Mart’s have stopped their fabric departments. Diane I will go look in my fabrics, I may have some, I do know I have the ivory you have…

Hi Dianne:

I SO want to help you as I've been in the same situation before...we all have! I found a piece of the same print in my stash (only about 20" x 35") and it looks lighter than your photo but I would still describe it as white printed on an ivory ground. Don't know where I bought it. If you think it might be the stuff you need, I'd be pleased to send it to you right away.

Nancy in Tucson

Nancy,

It is a white on white that I'm looking for. I think my photo of the above fabric came out a little dark. I took a photo of the cream/beige at the store, I happened to have my camera with me. I also thought that the design would show up better. I have a photo of the white on white but I don't think it will show much.

Rita,

I would be thrilled to get hold of 2.5 yards, but any yardage even 1.5 yards would be appreciated.

Sandra,

Thank you for looking. Have a safe flight. BTW what's in Peru?

Tracey, Bonnie and everyone that's checked their stash, Thank you.

I'm just so annoyed at myself for cutting into this fabric, starting the piecing and then realizing that I was so short. I could have easily picked a different white that I had more of. What was I thinking or not?

Dianne

Dianne I checked all my tone on tones and I don't have that one either, hope you find what you need. Don't feel bad I have done that several times. I see a fabric I like, buy a couple yards before deciding what I am going to use it for. Start a project figuring I can always stop by and pick up some more fabric, stop by to get more only to find out they don't carry that print anymore. End up searching all over trying to find enough to finish my project. I've told myself several times I will never do that again. Maybe I'll wise up one of these days!

Hi Dianne, I don't know if this will help but I've contacted ROCLON fabrics and spoke with a sales guy named Doug who supplies JoAnnes and he's come up with fabric for me. I think if you google it you can find him. I tried looking for my notes and can't find them! CRS disease again! Hope this helps---Dave B.

Guest Linda S

I looked at Fabric Depot last night and couldn't find anything like it. I won't make it to Jo Ann's today, as there's a home Duck Football game and the roads are sure to be filled with rowdy drunks. I'm not going out!!

OK To sweeten the deal I'm willing to pay someone $75 if they can find and mail me 3 yards of this fabric. I think it probably goes for 3.99-4.99/yard, probably at a Joann's, maybe Walmart. That should cover the cost of the fabric, mail and give you some extra $$ to buy fabric for yourself. I have small pieces left that I can mail if someone thinks they've located it just to double check.

Ladies, (and Gents), I've been on this chat site long enough to know that some of you have stashes that would have sunk the Titanic before it got out of dock. Doesn't someone have this? I've checked on the leads everyone has mentioned and I greatly appreciate everyone's help so far.

Dianne

Archived