Desperate for this fabric in white- REWARD- Got it!! GLENDA YOU ROCK!!!

DB

HI:

ON THE SELVEDGE EDGE OF THE FABRIC THERE IS A COMPANY THT MADE THIS FABRIC WITH A NUMBER ON IT DO YOU HAVE IT THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR SEARCH EASIER . YOU MIGHT ALSO TRY EBAY IF YOU HAVE THE COMPANY AND NUMBERS THERE ISA FABRIC DEPOT IN PORTLAND OREGON WHO MIGHT HAVE IT ALSO. YOU MIGHT TRY KENAI FABARICS IN KENAI ALASKA. THEY HAVE A HUGE SELECTION IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE IT IS A THIMBLE BERRIES FABRIC.

MERRY

Originally posted by MERRYG

HI:

ON THE SELVEDGE EDGE OF THE FABRIC THERE IS A COMPANY THT MADE THIS FABRIC WITH A NUMBER ON IT DO YOU HAVE IT THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR SEARCH EASIER . YOU MIGHT ALSO TRY EBAY IF YOU HAVE THE COMPANY AND NUMBERS THERE ISA FABRIC DEPOT IN PORTLAND OREGON WHO MIGHT HAVE IT ALSO. YOU MIGHT TRY KENAI FABARICS IN KENAI ALASKA. THEY HAVE A HUGE SELECTION IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE IT IS A THIMBLE BERRIES FABRIC.

MERRY

That's the trouble its one of the kinds that doesn't list the information. And no its not a Thimble Berries Fabric...its a JoAnn Brand from about 4-6 years ago... I have it also in Ivory and have used up all the white on white.

Diane...I struck out at Kington JoAnn's, but will look while in albany tomorrow.

Visit www.Spoonflower.com where you can upload a design of the fabric you want created. they might be able to reproduce the fabric design. My church group submitted a logo design and they were able to produce a number of yards of fabric for us.

The person who is a graphic designer and designed fabric for my church quilting group is Tammy. Her blog is: http://artalphaadventure.blogspot.com/

I looked at the second Joann's store in Des Moines area, with no success.

Norma Hamilton

If this were a challenge of some sort Dianne you would have to rework your design and use something else. I often think that the quilt is talking to you and doesn't want you to use the same fabric. I ran into this situation with a quilt and found another print that looked really good with it and put it near the middle of the quilt and the other print in blocks that went around the perimeter. It looked fabulous when done and actually made for a more interesting quilt. Be creative and do something else.

Vicki

Vicki,

You are so right. This quilt is talking to me. It's telling me that it's going to spend another year in the bottom of the undone pile.

I know that Joann's will sometime "recirculate" their fabrics so I'm holding on to the hope that maybe it will come into circulation again, or that someone will locate a bolt that has been sitting on a shelf unsold or possible in a stash unused.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this. Bonnie if you find it I'd be willing to take a drive out your way. We can have lunch.

Dianne

Hi Dianne, I don't know where Mansfield, MA is, but try going to the web site for Osgood's in Springfield, MA: A Notion to Quilt web site in shelburn MA; & the Textile Co. in Greenfield,MA. Osgoods has fashion & quilting fabric,Notions & Textile are both quilt shops with oodles of fabric. good luck. Robin, (rowaldquilt@aim.com)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe it! After all this time of searching everywhere for this finally I'll be able to finish this quilt top.

Glenda Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Did you hear me jumping up and down in my driveway or hear the screaming "OMG I finally have it" I'm sure my neighbors think I've finally lost it.

Thank you to everyone who went through their stashes, looked in stores, and searched the internet for me. You guys are the best.

Dianne

Yahoo! So happy to hear that there is a happy ending to this story. Dianne...you'd better be sure to post a photo of your quilt when it's finished...we're all invested in it now! What a terrific community on this forum. Whoopie!

Nancy in Tucson

Archived