Anybody going to Quilting with Machines?

Yes, Caron, I am going! I am so excited to go again this year and meet up "forum" friends. I'm also meeting up with the APQS class who attended Dawn's and Amy's classes last year in July, then some of us attended the 2009 QWM, and this year more of us will be attending together. So it should be a real blast! Here are the classes I'm taking -- hoping others from the forum might be attending the same classes, it would be so fun to get together!

How am I Supposed to Quilt This - Karen McTavish

Filling with Feathers - Dawn Cavanaugh

Quilts of a Different Color - Irena Bluhm

Mastering the Art of McTavishing - Karen McTavish

Formal Feathers Basics & Beyond - Irena Bluhm

Bluhming Background Designs & Freehand - Irena Bluhm

Yes! Embroidery IS for Quilts! - Robinson Stutz

These are all a great compliment to the classes I took last year. I'm so excited and looking forward to the vendors mall, and seeing Irena Bluhm's display and I'm hoping that one of Heidi's quilts will also be in that display.

I hope we can meet up somewhere along the line. :)

Maybe we should all wear a little ribbon of some sort so we can identify each other from the forum. What do you think? Or maybe you have a better solution to finding one another.

Caren Martin, if you are on your own and looking for company, please contact me. I am staying at the resort there, so just ask at the desk or I can meet you somewhere, if you like. What classes are you taking -- any that I am in?? Love to see you. :cool:

Hi all. I am one of those that mostly read and rarely post. I am going to the Huron, too. I'm taking lots of classes. Linda I'm in the Quilts of a Different Color and Masatering Mctavishing. I was trying to add my picture to my profile but can't figure out how to do it. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. I will be staying with a friend in Huron, but will be at the QwM most of the time. I would love to meet some of you. Are any of you going to the banquet on Friday night? Maybe we could eat together.

Ann Horsley

Ann, that is great! I will be sure to look for you in those classes. I'm so excited to actually meet Irena Bluhm. I've loved her work for sooooo long, it will be great to meet her in person. The McTavishing is a lecture, I believe, but should be great. Karen McT is such a fun person and a great teacher. Looking forward to seeing her again. I look pretty much like my avatar, you won't miss me, I'm sure, I'm 5'10" tall. You'll have to give me some hints as to how I will find you. See you soon! :cool:

I'm going! Ann, I'll be with Georgia Evans. We're driving up Thursday morning and taking classes on Fri. I'm not sure what she's taking..I'm doing the all day wholecloth quilts with K. McTavish. Probably in over my head, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot! I think wearing a ribbon for ID is a great idea! I would love to meet all of you! Meeting and eating together Friday night would be perfect! We're going to Bob's Superior Thread talk Thurs night too. I sent a sewbatik quilt earlier. First thing I've ever done that. Jane

I am going. I'll be there Wednesday evening through Saturday. Taking lots of classes. I grew up in Ohio and have lots of family there including my cousin Sarah and friend Janet, who are going to also be there. I get to go to the conference and visit with some of my favorite people at the same time. How cool it that?

maybe wear a ribbon of APQS colors, hmmmmmm wonder if someone would be willing to have APQS stamped on them for you.. LOL, Mark... ummm errrrr... hint.. ( did I say that.???)good advertising.. when those attending see all the APQS Ribbons. Buy the stamp and ink pad, and a few thousand yards (couple hundred feet) and I'll even fold and stamp them for you. ;)

Archived