Blissed Millennium, too!

Quilt Happy

I have installed the Bliss system and am VERY happy with it. My stitching quality really improved overnight and my arms did not get tired after quilting non stop for 2 days (and learning to do pantograph positioning, trying new threads doing a lot of practicing) and finish a couple of quilts for a little talk in my guild on long arm quilting. I haven't put it through every test known, but just being able to be in full control of the movement (no fighting the x-y axis) is well worth the investment for me. (It is amazing that after quilters spend so much money on the quilt top and do hours of piecing, when it comes to buying fabric for the back they balk at having to add the extra 4 inches around each side! 4 inches? Why do you need so much?? etc. etc.).

Just a tip if you are thinking of getting it. Get your allergies and hiccups under control. Bliss makes the machine move so easily that it reacts to every little movement. Of course this makes for easy quilting, but I did sneeze and I could see every part of my sneeze reflected in the stitching! Good thing it was a practice piece!

I tried the M&M wheels at Knoxville AQS show on a Millie and I think there is a difference between the M's and the Bliss. I guess that if you were pretty satisfied with the old system and were used to it and could do feathers etc already, but wanted something smoother, you might just want the M&M's, but as a novice, it really made using the Millie a profoundly different experience.

Carol,

Just got my Bliss system, too! I couldn't agree more. I am feeling utterly BLISSful each time I quilt. Although I've been quilting full time for 3 1/2 years and had learned how to make it "flow"smoothly, it wasn't effortless. My shoulders and arms would be really tired after a long day.

Since the BLISS system arrived, my millenium Miss Ruthie feels like she has new dancing shoes. She happily dances across the quilt tops and glides smoothly all around. I am delighted with how light the machine seems to have become. I had heard so much about the Bliss, but until I tried it myself I couldn't even imagine what a difference it makes! And I'm not so fatigued any more. WOW! Talk about a wise investment! This was IT!

I really believe that my quilting has moved to a whole new level of quality. Whether it be heirloom feathers, pantographs or custom landscape quilts, I can really see the difference. And so can the customers! :P:P

HUGE blissful thanks to the APQS team. There isn't a better company (or machine) out there!

Blessings to you all!

------------------------------------------

Lin Squires

Lin's Longarm Quilting

Roseville, CA

HUGE thanks to the APQS team for making life so much easier.

I am so glad to hear of your raving reviews of the Bliss system! I am contemplating either an upgrade or selling my current machine and replacing it with a new Millenium. My question to both of you is - do you have glide on your machines? My Millie is a 2005, so no glide upgrade is available, so I would be adding bliss without the glide feature. If this is the same for either of you, obviously you are happy without the glide feature! Just wondering what others have to say....

Lori

Lori,

I also have an older Millie #2165, probably a 2002, so I also cannot upgrade with the Glide. I have had Bliss for about a month. I am very happy with it. I find that I can put just about any stitch right where I want it. I do a lot of applique quilts for customers -the control is amazing. :D:P

Judith Fosse

Southern Illinois

I just ordered Bliss after a road show last week. I am hoping it will add years to my quilting life (less stress on my body from push pull push pull) and boost my confidence in being more accurate with my quilting. I wasn't going to do the upgrade, but I really got to play with it a lot at the road show and could really see a HUGE difference.

I am really convinced after reading the posts that th Bliss is a must have. I have fought my machine since the day I bought her. I have a terrible time with panto's because I can't get the machine to move and if I give it a little extra umph it stears clear off line.

I can do the freehand pretty well and feathers but as you have said going around applique is a little more difficult.

Patty I am planning on coming to the Jacksonville show in order to try out your system!

Missy

Now that I am in the "reply" window, I forget who asked about Quilt Glide and Bliss. I have the quilt Glide but never used it much with the old system because my tiny meandering was uneven and spiky. Although I haven't done a quilt using glide and Bliss, i did practice with the Glide and I can do very small meandering smoothly with the Bliss and I don't even have the micro handles. I am just doing easy pantos right now if someone wants to pay me but I've got trying the micro backgrounds (other than meandering) on my lists to check out with the Bliss. I will let you know. I am finally having a Quilting Party on Tuesday nest week, so my guild can try Millie out. that means it is clean clean clean and bake. And my daughter is coming back tomorrow for a long weekend from Econ Grad school (Ohio State Univ), so it is cook, her favorite meals and shop for clothes etc.. No quilting will be going on for the next several days! The Bliss and Millie really cuts down on the housework motivation (actually, since I had very little to begin with, I would have to say I have zero motivation now).;)

Carol

Hi everyone!

To answer an earlier question, I have a 2008 Millie and no Quilt Glide. I just love my machine, just the way it is! I worked all day on a HUGE custom landscape quilt and was able to work for 10 hours. HONEST! My back is a bit tired, but nothing like it used to be. And to work 10 hours straight. Amazing! (As for whether it was a crazy thing to do, that's another issue.) It was like the time melted away as I easily quilted and did a variety of ruler work. One day I'll learn how to post pictures and show you what "Miss Ruthie" can do with her new "blissful dancing shoes."

As a retired teacher, I really thought long and hard about spending $3000. Must say it is the best investment I've made since buying the Millenium!

Lin Squires

Lin's Longarm Quilting

Roseville, CA

I don't know how to put in the question from Joy in those nice little boxes. I tired to hit "quote" but I couldn't figure out how to get one specific reply on it. Oh, well.

Anyway, it took about 3 1/2 weeks, I think, from actually putting in the order (as opposed to talking to Dawn or Heidi about it) to actual delivery at my door. But I paid through VISA, and I called VISA to let them know about the charge so they would authorize it immediately. I also was lucky in that APQS had some orders where a few customers wanted to delay their orders for some reason, and APQS had gotten a full shipment of the all the parts that were needed. I have no idea what the wait time is now.

Originally posted by Ferrari

Anyway, it took about 3 1/2 weeks, I think, from actually putting in the order (as opposed to talking to Dawn or Heidi about it) to actual delivery at my door. But I paid through VISA, and I called VISA to let them know about the charge so they would authorize it immediately. I also was lucky in that APQS had some orders where a few customers wanted to delay their orders for some reason, and APQS had gotten a full shipment of the all the parts that were needed. I have no idea what the wait time is now.

Ok. Now I'm mad.:mad::mad::mad:

I ordered my Bliss on June 4th at a roadshow.

Expected to ship end of July.

Manufacturing problems apparently delayed shipment BUT I never heard from APQS.

Finally emailed Mark and Heidi last month. I was asked immediately to send payment info. Again, no mention of a possible delivery date.

So, I am still waiting, BUT Ferrari has hers after 3 1/2 weeks (I am thrilled you like your new Bliss--no offense to you of course.;))

I am a HUGE fan of APQS, but very very very (did I say very?) dissappointed. Especially about the big fat nothing I am getting--no communication at all from Iowa.

Heidi?

Mark?

Anybody there?

(Yes, I have sent them emails.)

Linda,

I will follow up for you first thing in the morning!

I apologize that your shipment has been delayed and will find out the status immediately. I do not now if our vendor issue with 14-foot tables affected your shipment (I don't even know if yours is a 14-foot table), but regardless we dropped the ball in not communicating with you about the status of your Bliss.

But I've got the pigskin tucked firmly under my arm now and will make sure we don't fumble again. (Can you tell I watched the Vikings lose a football game tonight? :))

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Originally posted by Ferrari

Ok. Now I'm mad.:mad::mad::mad:

I ordered my Bliss on June 4th at a roadshow.

Expected to ship end of July.

Manufacturing problems apparently delayed shipment BUT I never heard from APQS.

Finally emailed Mark and Heidi last month. I was asked immediately to send payment info. Again, no mention of a possible delivery date.

So, I am still waiting, BUT Ferrari has hers after 3 1/2 weeks (I am thrilled you like your new Bliss--no offense to you of course.;))

I am a HUGE fan of APQS, but very very very (did I say very?) dissappointed. Especially about the big fat nothing I am getting--no communication at all from Iowa.

Heidi?

Mark?

I am geeting peeeeeed off too, I paid in deposit in May paid full in June Still nothing

Wow Joy! Way worse than my complaint!

I heard from Heidi last night and again this morning through email. She is striving to fix the problem immediately.

I hope yours is just caused by shipping delays, but it would be nice to know the full explanation.

Now I can go back to loving APQS! (Just a lover's spat, I guess!)

Hi Linda and Joy,

Heidi has worked diligently today to isolate where our communication chain broke a link, and I know that she has a solution which she's already probably called you about. But I wanted to touch base and let you know that you can contact either of us any time to help. We apologize again and look forward to having you back to "loving APQS"!

Dawn,

I cannot speak for Joy, but only for myself. I have been in contact with both my APQS rep and Heidi concerning my Bliss. I thought that the lenght of time I was waiting was the norm. I just found out that everyone else is not waiting the same length of time if some owners are getting their Bliss in 3 1/2 weeks. Mine has been a 4 month process and still counting.

I sent off another email to Heidi earlier today as she is who I have been in contact with from APQS regarding the payment and shipment.

I will call on Monday and hopefully get a date for the arrival of my Bliss, but thank you for checking out the situation. I still think something is not right when one customer waits an extended period of time and another less than a 1/4 of the time others are waiting.

I do have to say that I know the Bliss is worth the wait, I am just anxious to get my hands on it. :)

Lisa

Archived