Sign in to follow this  
Quilt Happy

Blissed Millennium, too!

Hi Lisa,

I appreciate your candor about having to wait so long, and I understand how frustrating it can be! Linda asked earlier how some orders went out sooner than others, and that is a fair question. In Linda' particular case, we had a breakdown in communication that led to her issues. But the other shipping delays have been due to vendor constraints.

Like many companies in the manufacturing arena, we have suffered from supplier setbacks as our vendors try to run leaner ships (keeping less inventory, doing with fewer employees after layoffs, etc.). They have not been able to keep pace with our orders on a continuing basis. In addition, the huge machine at the aluminum vendor's factory broke down which extrudes critical parts to the Bliss. The vendor's repair took several days, and an entire shipment of Bliss rails was affected and many parts needed to be remanufactured to meet our high expectations. At one point a bunch of 14-foot rails were affected and needed re-milling, so we could only ship 12-foot tables. And then Murphy's law struck when the vendor's extruding machine went on the fritz and we had no 12-foot tables! Very aggravating for our customers, definitely, and cause for buying stock in Rolaids and Advil among employees:) Therefore, we have occasionally been forced to ship units out of order based on what parts we do have.

We are working closely with the vendors to ensure that every part we receive meets our quality standards and we have returned orders where parts would compromise the integrity of our products and the quality you have come to expect from APQS. Unfortunately that hard-line stand about quality has caused some delays we obviously did not anticipate.

I know that those issues are of little concern to all of you as customers--it is our problem to fix-- and that what is most important is that we do a better job of directly communicating with you regarding what is going on with your order, what is causing the delay if there is one, how we are working to remedy the issue, etc.

All of us at APQS want to produce the best machine money can buy and put customer satisfaction at the top of the list. Never, ever is it our intention to diminish your concerns...you are the reason APQS exists in the first place! The 18 employees who comprise the APQS family workforce...

Josh in shipping; Teri, Ed, Cheryl, Sonia, Deb, Tom and Frank in Production; Amy, Jen and Christy in Customer Service; Misty and Bev in Accounting; Heidi, Mark, and Tony in Sales, Mike in Engineering, and I...take great pride in our jobs and in our company. So when something goes wrong, we all feel your pain because it means something we all worked so hard on to get right didn't turn out that way. But we pick up the pieces and work as a team to resolve it as quickly as possible. Do we mess up? Yep. Can we do better? Absolutely! In fact, that's why we sent out a customer satisfaction survey recently...to find out our failings and what we need to work on as a team to make your experience with APQS all you expect it to be.

No excuses here...just a promise that all of us are working to improve communication channels and keep you informed. We can do better.

Thank you for your loyalty and support of APQS!

DA6F15FEDD9F8F152708CED82003B151.png

APQS Customer Service & Education Director

1-800-426-7233

dawn@apqs.com

Hi Linda: I'm in the same boat as you. I bought my Millie (with Bliss) late April/early May - paid full cash. I got the Millie in a couple weeks but am still waiting for the Bliss.

Supposedly I am receiving it next week (~9/16/10). . . my dealer is as upset as I am.

Marcia in the Sierras

Mine is scheduled to ship Monday as well, but my credit card has yet to be charged. Fingers crossed......

Lisa--I'll let you know how installation goes. Maybe my DH needs a trip up North to help you! Are you in BC?

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

We'll make it work, Lisa! I just need to know how soon to come!

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1085 12th Ave. NW, Suite D2

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

Hey! This is my first time on the forum, and was waiting for my Millenium to be up and running to become active. But........saw this post and could not help but respond. I ordered My Millenium and Bliss in June, received the Millenium right away but didn't hear anything about Bliss until recently when I started calling, not sure how I went missing on the list, but finally after a few calls and persistance instead of patience I think it was shipped Friday.

I have had a very hard time adjusting one of my wheels, and after a few swipes it would be off again. After spending so much time "adjusting" I resigned myself to just waiting for BLISS and I hope it is BLISS after waiting...........................

Enjoy reading the forum, I am a new quilter and really had never even seen a longarm until 6 weeks before I ordered. I have learned loads from all of you so far and hopefully I can give back one of these days.

Sheila Poore

2010 Millenium w/Bliss

Intelliquilter

tel.:307-690-0693

xflwrgrlx@aol.com

DD80BBF9ED423C709A48C8BDA0E38B59.png