opinions please: Leader grips

I just received my leader grips and I will put a new set of leaders on my frame. The new set of leaders will have the zippers attached and I will use some of the old canvas and make a set of short leaders with zippers on one end and the leadergrip system on the other. This way i can still use the zippers for a quick job...I think

You will need a pocket for the dowels to fit into. Our leaders do not come with a hem as others do so you have to either sew a 3/4" hem in your existing leaders or change the leaders. I already had zippers on my leaders and didn't want to remove them so I made a set of narrow leaders, with the hem in for the dowers and the zippers on the opposite side and just the zip the litted extensions on to the original leaders. It works great just in case I cut a shorter backing and the leadergrips won't work. Just remove the leadergrip leader extension and zip the quilt in the old way.

I am rushing off to guild right now but I will try to post a pic later tonight.

Floating means that yes I only attach the backing to the two rollers. Roll it onto the front roller. Then lay the batting on top of the backing and then lay the top on the batting. Baste the top edge and voila you are ready to go.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived