Georgene

My First Ribbon(s)

Yes! Of course I noticed!:D Loved both Karen and Sue! Kelley got a ribbon for one of his wholecloths too!

Karen and her stencils! - It's like the "Barney" Bag for quilters! Sue Patten will be back at the shop with more classes in October so we all could get together again! - you, Connie, Rita, Angela....

Sew much fun!

Joanne N. Jones

Ye Olde Forest Quilters

www.yeoldeforest.com

Ye Olde Forest Quilt Shoppe

Join Our Mailing List!

joanne@yeoldeforest.com

CONGRATS on your FIRST RIBBON!

Isnt it wonderful to get a ribbon!?

The first ribbon means so much! I dropped to my knees and cried when I got my first ribbon then wore my ribbon in my hair to the grocery store for a week.

It's a very big deal those ribbons....its means we are honest to goodness "real" quilters now.

So PROUD OF YOU!!!

Karen McTavish McTavish Quilting Studio - APQS Duluth APQS Showroom www.mctavishquilting.com (218) 391-8218 karen@mctavishquilting.com

I'm with Merry Jo, think you should have gotten a First Place, that is an amazing job, but even more since it was your own design and your first attempt..both quilts rock!:D

Hester Mastro

APQS Sales Rep.

www.quiltjunkie.com

Palm Springs, CA

Well, there were about 30 or so quilts in the same category as mine, wall hanging traditional, so I feel thrilled that it got 3rd. The first place winner was a feathered star. It was beautiful.

And, Karen McTavish, thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and your stencils. I hope to take more classes from you in the future.

Georgene Huggett
APQS Sales, Service, Education
Poquoson, Virginia
http://www.GeorgeneQuilts.com
APQS Millennium with Quilt Path

Congratulations! Your wholecloth is beautiful! I remember the Dragon quilt, too, boith are outsstanding!

7CB1BF7B399CF481C4AED78FE8002A31.png

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Wowww Weeeeeeeee! :) That wholecloth is purty purty purrrr-teeeeeee!!! :)

So proud of our Georgene!!!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Congratulations, Georgene!!! Your wholecloth is GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I agree, you do such beautiful quilting so I'm thinking the only reason this is your first ribbon is because this is the first time that you have entered any of your beautiful quilts in a competition!!! :D:D:D

7DB2A4AC89F5B22F06C2F6E830E59F15.pngHandquided 2009 Lenni - BLISSED :):)

If that wall hanging got 3rd place I would really like to see 1st and 2nd! That piece is just beautiful. Your work is stunning!!!!! Congrats. One day I'd like to grow up to be like you!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”