I used wool for the first time on my daughter's wedding quilt last month. I agree, it is wonderful. Gives great definition and isn't as heavy as cotton. It did smell kinda funny when I took the quilt out of the washing machine but the smell went away when the quilt dried.

1266535F19A9875626B7C8B5E232F348.png

Millenium

tricked out w/ Quiltazoid

I agree wool is one of my fav's to work with as well, not only because of the look after quilted and washed, but they are both cool in the summer and warmer in the winter to have on the bed....glad you also found a new friend.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

Suzie? , Hope that's right! Looks beautimous and I can only emphasize what Bonnie says! I really like the bamboo batting too! Sew have a great day!--- Grasshopper

Jane and Dave (Grasshopper) Brown APQS Dealer,Quilt Design,Piecing,Long Arm Quilting Custom Racks, Wall Hangers, L.A. Clips, Millie and Lenni front Laser Brackets, Sundries. www.countryquiltsncrafts.com Randolph, Wisconsin

Beautiful. I have some wool batting, but I'm afraid to use it because someone told me that once a quilt with wool batting is washed, it doesn't look right. Is this true? I wash all my quilts after I make them.

FC06CB1A4E1BB90CC02814317BE0F0C6.png

Gable

Nolting PRO 24

Here is one that I did with wool. (Its mine my favorite color is Orange)

I have washed it and while It retains definition, its not as puffy after its washed. Love it it is lighter than cotton too.

post--13461904724113_thumb.jpg

Kristie

Life is much too important to be taken seriously

I would love to know where I can purchase "swirlin twirlin" pantograph? Please...

Suzann

The Ladybug Quilter

Van Nuys, California

Owner of "Mr. Big" AKA APQS Millennium

Suzann

\"The Ladybug Quilter\"

Valley Glen, CA

Newbie May 2007

Hi everyone, I am one of the lurkers from Australia. Hello Claudia - promised I would stop lurking one day! The name of the panto is Swirl 'N' Twirl, I think by Hermione Agee of Lorien Quilting in Australia - think maybe available from Jodi Beamish in the US

link anyway http://lorienquilting.com/store/index.php/paper/pantographs/by-subject/swirls.html?limit=15&p=2

I use 60/40 wool/poly batting almost exclusively & I love it!

It washes beautifully & doesn't really crease. It retains it's shape & never tears when you pull it.

It has a lovely loft & it's what my customers expect from me. If they want cotton or anything else they

bring it themselves. It is also wonderful to use with Batiks & it's not heavy.

Just my opinion!

Thanks Anni in Oz for the panto link! :)

297F02531FB22DB69D8099C09B64CB32.png

I learned to love wool batt in Diane Gaudynski's class. It was the first full batt roll I purchased and I love it. If you know Diane's work, you know she does micro-quilting and the areas she leaves untouched pouff up very nicely, like Trapunto. I also have quite a bit of raw wool that a friend sold me - yep, almost straight from the sheep. It still has some lanolin in it so I may wash it again before quilting with it. Marcia

Marcia in the Sierras