Wool Batting

Judi - it is called Monet's Wedding Ring and the pattern is in Judy Martin's Scraps book. My sister and I made that quilt (well - I helped by feeding the strips through the machine as she handed them to me) and then I quilted it for her. Someday, I hope to make one for myself!

Gotta love that wool batting. I'm off upstairs to do another quilt with wool!

I always use wool - I like Matilda's own 60% wool, 40% poly blend, which gives a lovely loft just as in the above pictures. It's almost like doing trapunto sometimes without doing all the work! I also like 100% wool too, a little flatter but still more loft in comparison to cotton. I personally don't like cotton, but as someone said above, if a customer wants it, they bring it! The good thing about these wool waddings (batting) is that they are washable, and you don't need to do very close quilting if you don't want to - for instance, the label on the w/p mix states 'quilting 8" -10" apart'.

Shelley

I've always loved Hobbs Wool (on the roll, not in the package) but lately I'm liking the Quilters Dream even better. I think it has a bit more loft and smoothness to it, just altogether more cozy.

Linda

Originally posted by shelleywa

I always use wool - I like Matilda's own 60% wool, 40% poly blend, which gives a lovely loft just as in the above pictures. It's almost like doing trapunto sometimes without doing all the work! I also like 100% wool too, a little flatter but still more loft in comparison to cotton. I personally don't like cotton, but as someone said above, if a customer wants it, they bring it! The good thing about these wool waddings (batting) is that they are washable, and you don't need to do very close quilting if you don't want to - for instance, the label on the w/p mix states 'quilting 8" -10" apart'.

Shelley

I know we can get Matilda's at EQuilter. Even though it indicates that you have to spin dry and then air dry - can you put this in the dryer like Quilter's Dream wool??? Would love to try it but I really have no place to let quilts air dry.

Archived