2010 Innovations Pictures

PattyJo

Linda, You look at the web page for the big shows, and there is usually a page dedicated to quilt entries. Just follow ALL the directions. Some times the show is juried so they may or may not take your quilt. But for this one, they let mine in so the bar was set pretty low!! ;) This is the first time that I've had any quilts in a "big" show. Mine are miles behind the others that are here, but because I was vending here, I figured that it was a good thing??? Who knows.

And don't worry about how good or bad your quilts are compared with the Diva's because they all started at the beginning just as we all do. When you get the judges comments, it helps you become a better quilter. So it is all good.

I hope this helps. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Innovations has two different judging systems. It used to be all peer judging but now each category is peer judged--viewer's choice and two days of voting and then there is an AQS certified judge who awards first/second/third in each category--more like the big shows. It would be hard to tell which award is more precious to the quilter--one a judge determined, or one awarded by your peers.

Pat won second in her category from the judge--and deserves it for sure!:cool:

Linda is so right about "It would be hard to tell which award is more precious to the quilter--one a judge determined, or one awarded by your peers." The quilt I entered in the Novice catigory and got the Peer award and 2nd from the judge. Patty-Jo I can relate about doing the happy dance. I am NOT very good at tooting my own horn. I almost didn't post this, but I am so pleased I decided not to be so shy and share my excitment.

The Fourth Annual APQS and Friends Dinner was great! Nicer but noisier venue this year. I will coax pics out of my camera tomorrow.

Quilt entries were down at least 50%, instructors fewer than any year, vendors hanging in there, student count--waaaay down. I took a class with a national teacher trying out a new class--only six signed up. I don't want to spread rumors without a formal announcement, but sadly I think this is a crucial decision-making time after the show to see if it is worth the toil and trouble of putting on a show one more time. :(

We always talk about quilters being such nice people--I have had a wonderful three days reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. Darlene Epp and her friend Linda attended the dinner tonight and Darlene and I both took a class by Anne Bright--who also attended the dinner. Debbie Wendt, an instructor and author, attended with her mom. Then my forever friends Pat, Meg, Cindy, Sheila and Al, long-distance sister Joyce from KC visiting her buddy Karin out here in Washington, new friends Ardelle and Roger, Lucy--smiling partner of Pat in her Quilter's Rule booth, the fabulous sisters Edie and Marian, my other bff Marion-with-an-O,--what a great group of happy, talented quilters. We talked several times about burn-out and knowing when to pull back--very helpful advice for those who have quilted for a while. Thanks for understanding it all!

Off to bed and one more day--then back to the day job--:(

Congratulations to everyone!!!

Thanks for posting the photos, nice to have a little quilt show in the morning!!!! Beautiful works of art - just awesome! :cool:

I am a bit surprised that the big quilts were on the floor. Usually you see a sheet under them or something..... to many people can step on the edge. I know I get up really close to see the details, and would on those for sure!!

LOVE that lady in the green dress - OH MY!!!!

Archived