Wanna Sew a High Desert Mystery Quilt? Fabric/Cutting added to this topic!

I have added a flickr group to have pictures uploaded to. You will need to join in order to upload pics...but i think this should be fun to see what everyone is choosing for fabrics. :)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/highdesertmystery

update: i am going to post all clues ONLY to my blog. You will need to go there!

so join me at http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

karol...of course not. i am only going to post the first clue on the 25th! so you only need the fabrics for clue #1 by then.

if you choose to go scrappy...i would still pull only one focus fabric (roughly 2 yds) and then use various shades of one color for the contrast and various shades of another color for the background. I included fabric for the first border which everyone will want to do...and was thinking just the focus for the last outer border to tie it all together and complete the quilt!

i would be very interested in a scrappy version of this. I may actually make another to appease myself. scrappy quilts are awesome!

Kristina,

Yes, that is what I am thinking. I just pulled my fabrics!! I am using two very similar floral prints for my focus - one is more blue, one is more green, but both have yellow and hot pink flowers (med. to large) My contrast will be various yellows, and my background will be just one hot pink solid. Very Springy, I think.

Thanks for doing this. I know it will be fun. And I'm getting involved because Shannon said all the cool kids are doing it.

Tomorrow, I'll be cutting and bagging!

Love the "springy" colors. It will be so fun to see all the finished quilts and the variety of fabrics chosen. I am going to check my stash today and see if I have enough. Otherwise, a trip to my local quilt shop is in the future!

That Pineapple Upside Down cake looks sooooooo good. Might have to make that for the holidays coming up so I have some help to eat it. I could eat the whole thing myself, but that wouldn't be good. :(

Kristina--thanks for doing this--I am always up for a challenge--my Carolina Christmas is going on the frame next week---so now I can do another mystery for me.

I am so glad that someone else is going to do scrappy because that is my plan too--I am in a major stashbusting phase this year and want more going out than coming in!!!The morning is quite dark here today--but will post a picture soon.

Thanks--guess my afternoon is planned for me tomorrow after Sunday dinner at FIL and DH is napping!!!

terri

OK! I looked in my stash and found these fabrics I had purchased for another project and then decided I didn't like the pattern after all. No one else EVER does that, right??? :D

The print on the right will be my focus fabric, black for background and the 2 small prints for contrast. I even had some border print to match to use for the border !

<a  href=2162468970106538694S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

linda...i would suggest to use one contrast for the clue #1 and the other for the remainder of the clues...assuming you have enough fabric to do it that way. if not...email me..and I can help you figure out what else to cut with first contrast fabric. love that border too! :cool:

karol...love your choices too. i would for certain try to cut clue #4 focus with the larger of the two focus fabrics. this will look great! :)

kath...those fabrics are lovely. :)

I am really hoping to cut out a different scrappy version myself and sew right along with everyone. I am thinking about something really wild...as if orange/purple and turquoise weren't wild enough!! :P

Originally posted by sandradarlington

Why do the pages appear blank when I try to see the fabric information and the cutting instructions on your blog?

click on the blue links that say fabric requiremenmts and cutting instructions. I haven't had any problems with my blog that I am aware of. ;)

Kristina, I have the same problem - I only get a blank screen - with both of your links from you website.

Using the other links you posted here yesterday, I couldn't print the pdfs. All I got were the lines around your text.

I am using a Mac - I wonder if this is making a difference. I know it shouldn't, but I am stumped.

Sorry, I don't know how to post pictures here - but this is the address to my selection. I guess I don't NEED to go the the quilt shop after all! I think this would make a nice spring/summer quilt - Kristina - do you think it'll work OK?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54052865@N04/5001989342/

Bev

Archived