Wanna Sew a High Desert Mystery Quilt? Fabric/Cutting added to this topic!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by uncquilter

Kristina,

I am getting the same blank page(as Sandra and Bev) if i try to open the instructions from the blog. It opens just fine from the link you posted on the APQS forum. I really want to join the fun!

Thanks,

Carol

ladies...i would suggest this...either update your adobe pdf reader or check your security settings on your computer. The links are working as listed on the blog.

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Do you think this will work for the mystery quilt? It is some I already have and I have lots of it.:cool:

I have a question here. If we don't want to cut out all of our fabric (all bags) at once, can we just cut out 1 bag and do 1 block and so on and so on till we are done.

the fabrics look just fine...plenty of contrast.

you are NOT going to be able to cut out one block at a time. The clues lead you to do different parts of the quilt and then the pieces are sewed together to make the completed blocks/quilt.

you only need to cut clue #1 for next saturday...then the additional clues as we get to them. ;)

Kristina, just so you know, When I click on your blog and go down and click on the fabric requirements and cutting, I get nothing. The way I got to it was when you posted the direct link. My computer is new and updates itself automatically. So..... I hope you you continue to post the link for each post you make to your blog. Sorry my computer is being difficult.

I just got my Lenni a month ago and have only been quilting for about a year. But I WANT in. this sounds like fun and could make for awsome practice for me. Guess I'm going shopping as my stash is very limited. Thanks Kristina. BTW, I had no problems with your links, I feel lucky

Kristina, just so you know, When I click on your blog and go down and click on the fabric requirements and cutting, I get nothing. The way I got to it was when you posted the direct link. My computer is new and updates itself automatically. So..... I hope you you continue to post the link for each post you make to your blog. Sorry my computer is being difficult.

if you scroll your mouse over the blue bolded type on my blog...it will open a new window and the pages will appear. I don't know how else to best make this work. I might post the direct link to the google docs...but I am not going to continue posting the links here to the forum. i do not want to clutter the forum with them. Thanks.

and meg...YES, i will leave the directions on my blog. I have no intentions of removing them. I DO though have plans to host another mystery next year...so let's make this one go off without any hitches...shall we?!?!

Ok, where did they go. Now that I'm ready to print off the instructions they are gone. Tried everything. Maybe they will show up later.

Kristinia, you said you allowed for extra fabric . How much less fabric could we use, if we don"t make a mistake cutting or something. I've found a focus fabric I like, but I only have 2 1/2 yards of it. Is that enough? Thanks, Barbara

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Yes, approximately 80 x 80 with an outer non pieced border. I have directions for the quilt top plus one pieced border...and you will have enough focus fabric left to cut a 4-1/2" - 5" solid border to make it to the finished size!

I was generous with the fabric requirements. So, you will have plenty in case of an oops! Let's hope not though. Thanks for joining!

High Desert Mystery Introduction and Fabric Requirements https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B9SAJxrhFa3sNzc4YjZjZmYtNTY3Mi00NzJhLThlMGItMDdmNGU5MTA0MWRm&authkey=CKTxmf4E&hl=en

High Desert Mystery Cutting Instructions https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B9SAJxrhFa3sN2MyZDAzNDQtMjJiMi00NTdmLWJkOTItN2U0YzQwOTQ2NTJj&authkey=CITAoDA&hl=en

I just went to the Blog and all I got was a blank page as well. I opened from the earlier post on the forum and it comes up. That's where I got my instructions and printed them out. Maybe those who can't get it from the blog directly, can get it this way???? Weird cyber-space stuff !:mad:

I just copy/pasted the above "quote" in an e-mail to myself. It came through and I was able to open the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Well, all, I wanted to participate in this mystery. But the mystery for me is getting the instructions. When I click on the blue I get a new window but it is blank. I guess I can't make my quilt. BooHoo! Good luck to the rest of you,

I get the same thing...tried two different computers. Both Windows 7 with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. :(

I am beyond frustrated. I have the links and can open them with ease as can several others who are doing the quilt. I have not moved or changed anything since starting this topic.

I do not know how to best upload these pdf docs. I do not want to take up a lot of room on this forum...nor on my blog by rewriting the instructions out again. I used google docs and most are able to see the files as they open up in a new window.

I am thankful to Cathi for uploading the google docs link. That is where everything is at and as the clues become available...I will share them publicly.

another thought...you might try downloading the files from the google docs page...and opening them to your computer!

also on the question about the focus fabric...2-1/2 yds is plenty for the quilt top and possibly enough for an outer border just not as wide as I had planned. hope this helps! ;)

yay....glad it worked for someone other than a group of us! thanks for letting us know linda! :)

let's try this...on the right hand side of my blog...above the Tadpole Watchers (followers) I included links under the heading High Desert Mystery that will be added for intro/fabric and cutting instructions. These links will take you direct to google docs.

if this doesn't work I do not know what else will.

Remember I am doing this as a free mystery for us to have fun. I am not posting links here nor will I email the instructions to everyone. I have a large family and cannot go the extra mile. I am not trying to sound harsh about this...but my time is valuable. Thanks for understanding. :)

I was able to open Clue # 1 on both places on your blog.............I had already sewn my HQTs together, but did not cut them apart. I thought you might have something "tricky" up your sleeve and I would have to start over. :)

Now, I can go ahead and cut them apart, press and trim.

Thanks for doing this Kristina. I know it takes a lot of time. It will be so much fun to see all the finished quilts.

Archived