Electrical cords!!

Joan did it

I would like some ideas how everyone "handles" their electrical cords for their machines.

Do your cords plugging in the "millie" just hang off the machine, unto the floor or is there some magic suspention system that sort of trollies the cords along the table???

If you do pantographs and walk along the back where are the electric cords? I have a lot of storage boxes etc under the table that have drawers etc so need to get into them.

I saw a few pictures lately of cords to the roof with curtain rod sort of tracks - looks like a good idea, but is there anything on the floor?

I just know that someone will come up with a great idea. Thanks

Joan:)

One side of my Millie is pushed close to the wall where the outlet is...so my cords all lay under the table and come out the side to plug in. It hasn't been a problem for us because she is in a very large area with plenty of room in front, back and on one side. Sorry I can't help.

I used some of those electrical "zip" things to attatch the cords to the frame, running to the end of the frame where I also "zipped" a serge protected power bar, which in turn is plugged into the outlet at the end of my frame. Keeps eveything off the floor and out of my way (and out of my broom's way!). I am not at home right now or i would post a photo.

OK...my first question as a Millennium owner....

When your surge protector/power bar is sat right under the middle of the frame, will your main power cord from the machine reach to either end of the frame when you move the machine...my power bar/surge protector is being dragged around, (I would like to fix it in place), my surge protector is then plugged into a wall outlet.... but the main power cord from the machine wont reach to the end of the frame....any suggestions??

Best Wishes

My machine cord is attatched to an extesion cord (like for power tools)then to the power surge protector then the wall outlet. Yes my cords are tucked under the table on the floor and does not get in my way when I am at the back of the machine doing pantos. When I move into my new space I might have to rethink this though since my outlets are located mid wall instead of close to the floor. Will have to wait and see if my old way will be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by SheriB

Here is an old pic of mine:

When you get to the pic, scroll to the right.

http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=9295&page=1#pid82588

Sheri -- I just looked at your picture and like the idea of having the outlet up on the same bar as the overhead lights. Have a few questions though. What type of metal did you husband use to build the frame and where did you get it? Been thinking about using pvc, but afraid the lights will weigh it down. Also, how did you attach the cord from above to your machine so that it moves side to side as you stitch? Thanks!

Mary.

My light bar frame is made of painted wood. Hubby supported it at each end with brackets. (scroll clear to the right of the pic to see.)

We then took "eye screws" and put them at each end of the upright boards and he attached a wire (12' long..same as my table) and I put one of those "zipper clips" (the ones they use for zip lining thru the trees) and attached that on the cable/wire and ran my millie cord thru it. Now my millie cord rides along that line left to right and i have NO pulling or dragging on the cord.

I will look to see if I have a pic of that and post here.

I thought my machine with the Bliss was drifting too much and had a long fix it talk with her. It turned out the Millie cord didn't reach all the way to the end of the table even from a centrally located surge protector and so the cord was heavy enough to drag Millie back towards the center. Dawn said they will put "providing a longer cord" on the agenda.

At the moment I use an extension cord and everything is on the floor. The cord does get in the way sometimes. I like the socket in the ceiling idea. Keep those Ideas coming. I need a good fix too.

My cords are like Joann's, an extension cord that is plugged into a surge protector that is plugged in the wall at the end of my machine. I run my extension cord up under the round things at the bottom of my the middle of my table and it keeps the cord out of the way and off the floor. It works...

Archived