New Background Fillers

Georgene

I had this Quilt of Valor on my Millie when my new Circle Lord order arrived from Michael and Kay. So I used the new background filler templates for the gold/tan areas surrounding the large center star.

I worked from the front and therefore was able to easily control filling a non-square area....being able to see where I needed to stop and stitch in the ditch to travel to next row.

I love the affect. This is Warm and Natural batting, which doesn't have much definition. I'm sure on another batting the texture would be more prominent.

The Quilting Divas of Yorktown, VA, who made this quilt, liked it too.

post--13461904724618_thumb.jpg

Gals, the 2 background fillers she used are from 2 different background templates.

One is the greek key & the waves. The other template is the herringbone/surf template.

I have pics up on michael's sight of the greek key & waves on the Husker quilt.

I am in the process of using the herringbone/surf on another quilt, but Georgene beat me to the punch on the herringbone!!!!! And it's AWSOME and pretty Georgene!!!

Just makes me itchy to get back to my machine when the Dr. releases me.

Circle Lord background filler templates??? Where have I been, under a rock!?! I must check this out. I like what I see, but I agree that W&N is sort of a lack-luster batting. I never use it if I can help it.

Hey! Where do you find these? I went to the Circle Lord website and blog, but could not find them. I want to see what they look like (how you'd set up to use them) before I ask about ordering them. Anybody?

Archived