Bliss arrived--now installed! First stitching photo

ffq-lar

Lucky girl!!!!!

Mine is still in transit. If I get impatient enough I might just drive down to Spokane myself and pick it up!!

Please do let us all know how it goes together and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Barb is planning on comming on Monday after her show in Montana to help install it as long as it is here by then.

Lisa:)

Here is the timeline for the installation of the Bliss--

I left for Guild at 6 pm.

Adam (DS) arrived at 7 pm. He and Den hunted up tools until 7:15. Dis-assembled the table and took off the machine head. Installed the rails (easy) and replaced the tubes.

Took the old wheels off and installed the new M&Ms onto the machine head (easy). Installed the "bearing" wheels on the new carriage (easy). Placed the new carriage on the new rails. Placed the machine head on the new carriage. Replaced the rollers.

It was now 8 pm. Less than one hour!

Positioned the new top.

Realized that the machine cord was putting drag on the machine and moving it to the back by itself. Zip-tied the cords. Had to level the table since the head was migrating to the left. It's now 8:15. Spent the last 15 minutes hunting down the tools and laughing as they pushed the machine from one end to the other with one nudge.;)

Turned off the lights at 8:30.

I got home from Guild at 9 pm and can't describe how smooth it is to push around. I did a stitch sample and will load a real quilt tomorrow.

I can post some pics of the procedures if anyone is interested.

Den says the instructions were perfect, photos clear, and really, no way to mess up with so few pieces to deal with.

I'll get back to you tomorrow on the stitching. Right now I am very happy.:)

BTW, the new carriage is narrower and there is no hole for my R&S stylus (so no hole for a CL stylus as well) on the carriage. If you are big from-the-back pattern board users, something will need to be done for use with the Bliss. Ron Moorehead lives a few miles away and I will email him to come visit and look for a solution--which I assume will entail drilling a hole in the carriage.:(

Wow :cool: that gives me hope that mine will go together as well (only because I have complete faith in Barb, not because I have any mechanical talent myself).

Thanks Linda you have helped to relieve the fear factor for me:)

I am glad you are up and running. Please do let us know how it goes quilting tomorrow. I am sure you will love it!!!

Take care, and enjoy the quilted Bliss!!

Lisa:)

BTW, the new carriage is narrower and there is no hole for my R&S stylus (so no hole for a CL stylus as well) on the carriage. If you are big from-the-back pattern board users, something will need to be done for use with the Bliss. Ron Moorehead lives a few miles away and I will email him to come visit and look for a solution--which I assume will entail drilling a hole in the carriage.:(

Linda. I have a CL Stylus holder and it screws into where the laser post screws into the machine. It also has a mount to put the laser on. This omits the need for a drilled hole in the carriage. I would think you could get this mount and use with most stylus' ??

Marilyn Badger had a fast turn around time on my HF to adjust it for the Bliss system. Plus it was fun talking with Marilyn. She test drove the Bliss for a long time to make sure it was going to perform well.

Thanks for the notes on the installation Linda. Can't wait to get mine up and running too. I heard that needle down is a valuable thing to use to keep the head from moving when you are pausing. Can't wait to see what you can now quilt on your upgraded machine. You're such a Pro Linda.

Vicki

Originally posted by Ardelle Kerr

Exciting! Did it take you a little adjusting to find your rhythem with the new bliss?

I was surprised at the short time it took to feel comfortable. I told Den today that with the Bliss, I feel like I have complete control of the machine. I can quilt verrrry slowllly and make round circles, straight lines, ribbon candy, etc. My former quilting style was fairly fast, with good accuracy but more effort. Now I quilt at any speed with ease. No extra leverage is necessary to do diagonals. No more extra effort to hit the mark with CCs or block designs. I am on the third quilt with Bliss and I have longer between breaks, great stitch quality, the SR is happy, I'm all around satisfied.

I am a BELIEVER!!!!:cool::P:cool:

It's great to hear such a detailed account of the upgrade procedure. Sounds like you are falling in love with quilting all over again. I felt the same way when I upgraded my wheels to the M&M's.

I set up Bliss yesterday at The Creative Stitches show in Calgary, Alberta and was a firm 'believer' within a few short minutes of stitching. Bliss is going to live in my studio for an extended training session for a new client and close friend. I couldn't be happier that I am able to show her off. You should have seen the faces on everyone that tried it. :):):):):)

Thanks again for the great info.

Archived