OMG SO Excited!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy dancing for Heidi!!!! Woohooooooooooo!!! This is soooo great!! Best of Show and following up with 2nd to boot! I'm so happy for you Heidi!!! I showed them to my Mother since she wanted to know why I was woohooing, so I showed her all the quilts, Caron's, and Bebbi's and yours and she's really blown away. Mom is 76 and quilted her whole life is still at it. She'll be going to a guild meeting in October and is all excited. She has avoided paper peicing, but did her first one this week and is pleased with it. So we are happy dancing together for you Heidi!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much! I think I'm up even higher in the clouds if that is at all possible!

Kenna - you tell your mom super thanks from me! Good for her for still quilting and learning new things. That is just super awesome.

Sandra - this is the quilt that was at MQX so you saw it up close and personal. If you want to see more pictures you can go to my webshots. Good to see you posting. You've been quiet lately!

Heidi

I know you have had lots of ribbons as your work is wonderful, but is this your first Best of Show Ribbon. I think this is simply the very highest high that a quilter can have at any show, whether it is a Fair, Local Guild or National Show!! I know you must be elated and I too am so Happy for you.

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

Heidi

I know you have had lots of ribbons as your work is wonderful, but is this your first Best of Show Ribbon. I think this is simply the very highest high that a quilter can have at any show, whether it is a Fair, Local Guild or National Show!! I know you must be elated and I too am so Happy for you.

Jeanne,

This is not my first Best of Show but it is the first at a national show. I received a Best of Show at a local Quilt show and it was huge honor that I'm very proud of. I was really shocked about this one and still keep thinking somebody is going to wake me up and find it was just a dream! LOL

Thank you all for you wonderful comments. You are all such a talented group! I never imagined that I would be entering shows with my quilts. If somebody had told me 4 years ago that I would 1. be a machine quilter, 2. that I would own a longarm & 3 that I would be entering shows and winning ribbons I would have laughed at them! LOL It is truely something that I love to do and I'm blesss to be able to have a wonderful machine. Never be afraid to give it a try! This quilt was my original design and the first time I had drawn all my own feathers. It was so exciting and so much fun to do. Just remember to just go for it!

girls! It is soooo much more incredible in person! AND you should see the back! Heidi's stitching is absolutely perfect, she made little 1" or 3/4" squares and in the pumpkin seeds, she feathered! OMG and the border is exquisite! Heidi, I am soooo impressed! You are just awesome!

I do have to sneak this in though, my Midnight Roses quilt received a teacher's award!

QwM is a really nice show and it will continue to grow and win acclaim over the next few years! It was created by Long Arm quilters FOR LAQ's. They know what we want and are trying to provide it!

Great job Heidi!!!!

Archived