2001 Millenium w/Bliss rails for sale

I mentioned last week this would be my last holiday season trying to build my long arm business. I am selling my machine with brand new bliss rail system with all the bells and whistles millenniums have and micro drive handles and base plate.

This machine is super smooth with the new bliss system. price is 13,000.00. Just the rails are 3,000.00. E-mail me at nora@columbiagorgequilting.com if interested. Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.

Nora

I have a Millenium but don't know what "bliss rails" are. I only quilt for myself and family as I don't like to ruin too many quilts. If any turn out nice i give them to a neighbor who hand quilts for me. She charges 5 cents an inch. I should have just let her do all my quilts instead of spending 18,000 on the machine. Now I am trying to sell some of the quilts I have finished but so far no one wants them. They want me to donate them to churches for raffles.

Marion

Sounds like you are having some problems getting acquanted with your Millie, What is the problem that you are ruining quilts? That doesnt sound too promising, I am sure it can't be that bad, even in the beginning our first practice pieces make good puppy blankets. Is there anything we can help with?

Ok ladies, thank you all for your input. I am having trouble with my right hand. I lost part of my right thumb 7 1/2 years ago. I bought my millie because I could not hand quilt any longer. I have never ruined a customer quilt and I consider my self accomplished at machine quilting. Having said all that back to my handicap. The joint on my right thumb or what is left of a thumb is very sore. All the buttons I need to operate my millie are very hard on it. I am selling my machine to buy a machine with one button to go and the same button to stop. Yes I will give up some very nice extras that I have on my millie but it will mean I can keep quilting without as much pain. I have given this much thought and this is what I need to do. If any of you know someone looking for a great machine with the new Bliss rail system please tell them about me. I'm not quiting I am just regrouping. You guys are the best.

Nora

Sounds like we have people here with physical problems. Now you don't have to use your thumb to use the controls.. How about another finger? I bought my Mille after losing most of use of my left arm and much of my right arm-- luckily most of that has come back over the years between use, physical therapy , and surgery (spelling doesn't look right) but I still do have my days. When I bought my Millie in 2002 I used used other fingers to push the buttons -- even my pinkie cause my other fingers didn't work My first experience with the Millie was OOOO this is the machine I want and I tried every machine on the market -- spent 2 years researching. It only took 60 secs on the Millie to say yes!! this is mine. I have 4 vertabraes fused in my neck and nerve damage that affects both of my arms. I still try out all the machines at any shows and the Millie would still be my choice--now I would opt for either the Millie or the Freedom with the Bliss because the Bliss makes the movements so effortless on your body . I will upgrading to the Millie with the Bliss System sometime in 2011.

The Millie is almost 50% lighter than the other machines in it's class, if you have the M&M wheels or the Bliss system it is even easier to move and control. Do you have access to try out a machine before you buy? We have many reps around the country and even many of our owners often will let you try out their machines. I know-- before I was a sales rep I volunteered that often. It was always great fun to have someone try my machine.

Side note here--- One of my long time customers had her 11year old son with her when she picked up her quilt this past weekend. I was able to put on a practice piece quickly and he tried quilting--he had a blast quilting on that practice piece for a half an hour or so . Mom is now afraid that he will pester her for a quilting machine!!! Mom wants a machine but it doesn't fit her budget and she doesn't have the space in her home. I'll keep quilting her quilts until she decides to buy a machine.

My recomendation is try out all the machines on the market if you can and decide what works best for you. If your body doesn't work with your machine you will not be happy with it. If you were here in Kansas City area I'd say come come play with me on my machine for as long as want and then decide if it works for you.

I'm available if you have questions after hours the APQS office is open 816-835-9968 or 816-833-1952 or justquilting@att.net

Archived