Thread Breaking solved, problem surprizing...

RoseCity Quilter

I have periodic problems with thread breakage that have plaged me since I started longarming a little over a year ago. I tryed everthing and could not figure out what was wrong until about a week ago. I have this little fan I have propped up on a wood crate on my table, as I suffer a lot from hot flashes (:( ). Turns out if it is pointed directly at the thread path, it blows the thread around until it comes out of a guide or catches on something, and then ... snap! Oh how simple, and how stupid!!!!!!

I've just got to jump in here and tell of a new phrase that I just learned about those "personal summers". I was at Innovations and met a very nice lady in another vendor booth and as we were talking, she stopped and said,

"Oh, my inner child is playing with matches again!"

I really identify with the child part!

:D:P:D:P:D

Hi Ardelle,

I'm glad that found your problem with the thread breakage. I too suffer from hot personnal summers, but mine are from the heat of the sun and not from my body. Like you, I have a industrial fan by my Ultimate I/Compuquilter longarm. For some reason, mine doesn't make my machine break thread at all. And during the summer I have the fan on full blast pointing towards me and the machine. You know, we can't sweat on clients quilts. Try putting the fan in line with the direction just towards you. This will keep your summers down to a minimum and the thread not breaking. zeke.........

Archived