My Sad Honor as a Quilter

A very dear friend of mine lost her 17 year old son this last summer. He had gotten into drugs and fell over a rocky waterfall and drowned in the pool below.

Her family finally located the only clothes this sweet young man owned and I am making her a bereavement quilt from them. I cannot imagine out living one of my children. Making it is a kind of balm for me as I struggle with the loss of my dad. I keep thinking this deep grief I feel for my dad will lessen in time but it has been two years. This young man had the sweetest personality. David worked at our produce store summers and he always had a smile on his face. I know his mother will see him again but like her I know it will be a very long time before we see our loved ones. I feel honored to make this quilt for her.

Nora

Nora my friend, as you work on this quilt of remembrance for this mom, my prayer is that is will be healing balm for your spirit. May you be blessed by the peace that surpasses all understanding and may your pain be lessened. Two years is really not long in the grieving process. give yourself permission to grieve also the loss of this young man. Thinking of you and am only a phone call away.

Archived