How do I mount lazer light in front of machine??

sewpowerfull

Hello:

I have been reading some threads of talk about using the lazer light at the front of the machine. This allows one to follow designs, stencils from the front. They mention getting a core board and plexiglass that rests on the front roller bar and back with the paper/stencil sandwiched between.

I have a Millennium and I would like to know how and where you would mount the lazer light.?

Thank you in advance

Sheena:D

Sheena,

There is a post on the top of the Millie - kind of above the fly wheel. You put the laser there and plug it into the hole on the opposite side on top (I think there is a spare plug wire). Then plug the end that comes out of that little black box on the back of the machine into the hole at the top, on the side. Does any of that make sense??

Hi Deanna:

WOW! Thank you so much for the reply and the pictures!

Do you need two lazer lights if you do this?? I would still like to have the back lazer for pantos. Is it possible to just move the lazer to the front or back as needed?? Or do you need two seperate lazers???

With the mount on the front and on the top post do you then just find your center lazer line at an angle to your motiff?

Thanks so much for the pics and info.

Sheena:D:D

You only need one light, it moves quite easily from one post to the other.

You are right, the laser light shines at an angle to your motif when used at the front, but works just fine that way. I don't have the plexiglas "table" for mine (yet). I used it from the front just last weekend by pinning a paper pattern down to the quilt top. I positioned my needle where I wanted the motif to be first, then adjusted the placement of the pattern accordingly. It worked quite well.

Archived