My Sister Bought a Freedom at AQS in DesMoines

I am so excited my sister, Judy and her husband, Arnie were in Des Moines at AQS. They sent me pictures of the quilts they saw, and last two pictures were of my sister, Heidi K, Marilyn B, Dawn C. and Mark. I got kind of suspicious since she was holding a APQS folder, papers sticking out, and the micro drive handles.

So as I am typing this, I am on the phone with her and she is telling me how terrific everyone at APQS is. Thank you all for helping her out, she has the greatest things to say about you.

This all happened right before the show closed on Saturday.

Please welcome her to the forum once she joins it.

Marlene,

I have been in business for 4 1/2 years. I have a APQS Millennium. My sister and I have been quilting together forever. We started making wedding quilts for our nieces and nephews in 1997, with the first two weddings in 1998. We have done 5 quilts I think, and we are starting the next one for a nephew's wedding in 2011. This past year we made a quilt for our brother and sister-in-laws 40th Anniversary. It is just so much fun to make quilts with her.

Welcome to your sister. Maybe she was the one talking to Dawn and Mark when I stopped by to talk to Heidi and Marilyn!

So how many wedding quilts will you need to be making for a while? I also started making niece/nephew wedding quilts in 1997, but to date I have made about 15! Sometime I wish they would slow down!.

Madelyn,

This could be the first wedding quilt in a long string of wedding quilts. The quilt we are doing for this wedding is by Judy Martin, "Snake River Log Cabin". It will be awesome to see it come together. I guess that maybe my sister and I will have to flip a coin to see which one of us will quilt this quilt.

Kenna & Vickie,

One of my daughters is a quilter, 23 years old, Orchestra director and has made 3 large throws for high school friends weddings. My sister and I are so thrilled that she quilts too, just waiting to do a retreat all together.

I think I am more excited that she bought a machine than when I bought mine 4 1/2 years ago. Now she is waiting to hear when it will be delivered.

Marlene,

When she told me yesterday that she bought the machine, she said she needed to join the forum. So I am hoping to see her on here soon.

Mark,

How soon will she get her machine? I feel like the "Auntie", anxiously awaiting the call that the baby is on the way.

Sharon,

Judy and Arnold (is it okay for new friends to call him "Arnie"?) were absolutely delightful!

Do you all remember what it's like to watch a child open a Christmas present...one they've been dreaming about for so long they think their wish could never come true...and see their reaction when they discover the very thing they've longed for inside the box?

And then they rush to you and hug you so tight you know you've just made their wildest dreams come true! Well, that's what it was like for Judy, and we hugged and hugged and welcomed her into the APQS family with open arms:).

So glad to have her as our new "sister" too!

Dawn,

He is definitely "Arnie". Thank you so much for helping her out. It is just so great that she and I will be sharing something else in common. One of my daughters, Natalie, is also a quilter -- 23 years old -- she is excited for Aunt Judy.

At MQS in '09 I took a class from you on feathers. I have since figured out my own style of feathers. As long as they don't want traditional feathers I have a blast with them.

Finally made it to the forum. WOW can't believe all the great welcomes that have posted. Still has not sunk in that I am really going to have a longarm machine!!! No wonder I haven't really slept since the Des Moines show. Again I would like to thank the AQS team..... Heidi K, Marilyn B, Dawn C. and Mark for all their help at the end of the show. They are a nice group of people to work with and make you feel special. I am a little worried about my sister who now has lost her best customer.......lol. Thanks Sharon for paving the way..... your a wonderful sister and friend.

Judy

Archived