OPINIONS PLEASE: M & M Wheels

I've asked this a few times on different threads, but having a hard time finding anyone who knows. Is there anyone out there who has gone from edgeriders to M&M's (or has driven machines with both) and can tell us if there is any difference or iimprovement between the two? For me, the edgeriders were a definite huge improvement over the original wheels. Are the M&M's really any better than the edgeriders? Is it worth the investment to switch from edgeriders to M&M's?

Mary--I have the M&M's on order--because while the ER were as smooth as butter for about a 1 year--it seems as if the wheels where they ride on the rail became too big and we can't get them adjusted tight enough anymore. --It would be like I was falling off a cliff--the ride was still smooth as butter--but didnt' like falling!!

I hope they come in soon--because I put my original black wheels back on the table--and it is like work--pushing over the quilt. JMHO.

Terri

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

I went from ER wheels to the M&M's. As everyone says; money well spent! I loved my ER's, but the M&M are even better!!! :P:P:P

ok - linnea - which were easier to install? this is what is scary to me. be honest, please??????

Okay -- I went ahead and ordered the M&M wheels for my machine. I just received the head back from the factory (had some minor repairs) and Amy installed the wheels on the axles.

I got three of the four wheels installed on the carriage but when I went to install the wheel with the stitch regulator encoder on it I didn't have the bolt screwed in far enough . . . the wheel and encoder fell on the floor and the four little washers fell off as well. I'm not sure where the washers fit for this particular wheel (with the encoder attached).

Can anyone tell me the order the pieces should go on the bolt? I've emailed Amy with my question, but I don't expect to hear from her til sometime tomorrow and my nephew is coming tomorrow at 8AM to help me get the head back on the carriage.

Thanks in advance!!!

Patti

Meg--Don't bother buying Edgerider wheels now that the M&M wheels are available. I had my Edgeriders for almost 2 years and loved them after using the black wheels that came with my Millie. My husband installed the M&M wheels for me last weekend and it took most of the day. But he is much happier with the quality of the M&M wheels versus edgeriders. I certainly hope that the M&M wheels last more than 2 years also.

But I love the way my machine moves now, and is even smoother than before with Edgeriders.

I'm bringing this one to the top, so all info on the M&M stays

together. I too got the new M&M wheels. Alan (DH) installed these

yesterday. Yes it took awhile because I had the ER wheels and the

instructions were for the old black to the new M&M wheels.

I'm running my machine in manual mode practicing my

"Jamie Wallen's " woodcut feathers. What a difference.

Love the new wheels.

The biggest problem I've had is loosening the bolts that were previously installed on the machine. I do not remove the axel as the directions indicate, just can't see a reason to do that.

If your machine is "growling" a bit it's a good time to add grease to your bottom end an mush it around to get rid of any bubbles since the machine is off the table already.

jeri

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a lurker for some time, but wanted everyone to know that i had M&M wheels put on my machine and they are wonderful! My other wheels seem to "drag" and my shoulders hurt after i had used my machine for a few hours. Now i do not notice it. The carriage just glides like silk! You would not be disappointed if you got them.

Archived