Embroidery machines

MB, I've gone through several embroidery machines. I love my Brother's the best. I started out with their low end model but now have a Quattro 6000D, PR-650 (6 needles) and the new PR-1000 (10 needles). I think the Brother's software is super easy to use. I have a Bernina 440QQE which has the embroidery attachment but found the Bernina software a challenge and as with all Bernina items, expensive. Babylock is the same as Brother so I think you would be very happy with either. I get great buys on designs from www.emblibrary.com. The stitch quality is great and they have lots of sales and new designs come out every Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...

Mary Beth,

I'm with Marilyn H. - Bernina and APQS!

I LOVE my Bernina and you don't have to spend the price of a new car to get a Bernina. Our dealer here always has good deals on trade ins. But then they're the second largest Bernina dealers on the East coast and their family in Virginia is the largest ( they're all Mennonite!). Good luck on your decision and happy embrodering! You'll have so much fun with it!:)

Originally posted by hollyc

I missed something. Tell me why one of the most creative longarmers is selling her Millenium, say it "ain't" so!

Well, I just read this Holly...sorry I missed it. Thank you for the compliment. I hate to waste all of the training and experience I have gained over the last few years, but my body can't take it.

Yes, I am selling my machine and since posting this message have almost talked myself out of the embroidery machine too.

I am not looking for complicated, digitizing, design my own patterns. I just want to sit down, plop down my garmnet/fabric and let 'er rip. The more I read from all these posts, the more I think I will just do hand embroidery...it's a lot cheaper and my mind can wrap around it.

Mary Beth,

Don't let all this information overwhelm you. You can make the machine embroidery as easy or as complicated as you want. If you just want to hoop that towel or shirt or whatever and embroider a design on there, you can do that with no issues and you don't have to have any digitizing software to do it! The embroidery machines do a great job using the designs that are digitized by digitizing companies, like OESD, Dakota Collectibles and so many more. And they will stitch up beautifully with minimal fuss on your part.

So before you totally make up your mind, go visit a dealer that has the embroidery machines and have them demonstrate how easy they are to use!

:) :) :) Jut go have fun and you'll be as addicted as the rest of us! ;)

Mary Beth, I agree with Marilyn. You don't need to do all the work. I use mine for a plop and stitch style. I have made sweatshirts for myself, or towels as gifts, and pretty much only use the purchased designs. I do have the software, but at this point mostly use it to take part of one design and add a part of another design so I get something that I like. This works for me, because my hands would give me fits if I did too much hand work with them. So I set the machine, let it go and work on another project in the same area while it creates my new shirt to wear the next day!

Here is one I just did.

post--13461905035831_thumb.jpg

Okay, since I have a Janome...and the local dealer here that has Janome also has Baby Loc, I stopped to check them out. Actually, I started to stop...then I decided not to...then I started to stop...then...I stopped. They have 3 that are demos, used in a show to show 1 thing. She offered it to me, with a trade in of my Janome for the show/demo price, plus my trade in for about $1000 off the show price. Yikes!!! I also went yesterday for a consultation for braces...they think braces will help my migraines. They are the same price.

Bummer on the braces, but good if they work like hoped. The prices of the Janome and the braces reminded me of Dad's tractor and my braces for my teeth. The same day we got the price of my possible braces, Dad got the price of what it would take to fix the tractor. I told him to fix the tractor! (It grew my food!) I later (5 years) had the braces done as an adult, but Dad didn't pay for them. Hope things work out well.

I wish our insurance would cover the braces. I went through braces once in my life, but my teeth went back almost where they were in the beginning. No decision here....I will just admire all the beautiful work I see done by my friend....and I think I wll unsubscribe to Martha Pullen's web site ;)

MB,

I'm a nurse (have to explain)

your braces are for a medical dx, not a dental diagnosis, you could try submitting to insurance for the medical dx, it all depends on how the dentist codes the braces. TMJ, arthritis are medical dx, not dental. Call your insurance and try that route.

My daughter needed TMG surgery- realigned her upper jaw, huge...it went under medical even though a dentist did the work.

Holly, thanks for the advice. I have TMJ and may need treatment in the near future. My jaw pops out of place, ouch!!! I don't have dentures but still can't bite an apple, corn, etc. Yawning can be a disaster, have you ever tried to stop a yawn.

MB, keeping you in my prayers!!!

Originally posted by Gator

Holly, thanks for the advice. I have TMJ and may need treatment in the near future. My jaw pops out of place, ouch!!! I don't have dentures but still can't bite an apple, corn, etc. Yawning can be a disaster, have you ever tried to stop a yawn.

MB, keeping you in my prayers!!!

Hey Connie,

Can you get any care at Port Smith? My daughter has TMJ and before hubby got out I was able to get her into see the oral surgeon at Cherry point. It was just good timing plain and simple. He a procedure ortheosentisis (I'm sure I butched the spelling and I think I remember the name right) but basically he had to go in and clean out the joint in her jaw. It make a big difference for her and was better than having to have a complicated surgery.

for help for those who want to convert one embr. program to another, there are several choices at this site. I had 2 of their programs, and now I find they are on the other computer... you can resize.. change density, separate a big embroidery to fint in the divided hoop, but not all in ONE program.

They are so good to explain, help you figure your needs for what you want to do, resize is one, I'd love to have. anyway check them out, see if getting one of these would help, or make life easier.

http://www.buzztools.com/default1.asp

For years the secretary at our school in Pearl, MS had bad headaches that kept her at home 1-2 days a week on strong pain meds. She went to many doctors who could find nothing. One actually sent her to seek mental health counceling. On her routine trip to the dentist that year, the Dr. found a pouch in her jaw. They did emergency surgery and drained about a pint of fluid off her jaw. They cleaned out that area and wired her jaw shut. Her jaw stayed wired shut for around 18 months. The Dr. who did the surgery it was a thousand wonders she did not die of blood poisioning before the infection was discovered and corrected. She was a completely different person after her surgery! She was happy, healthy and never missed work. No more headaches, neckaches, upper backaches. Her recovery time from surgery was only about 5 days. We were so proud for her!!!

Archived