Just Finished, pretty pleased with this one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

linda,

I too am glad to be a Moxie because I will get to pet it. You do such beautiful work. I can't wait to try my rulers after getting them. The curved crosshatching looks great. How small do you think it could be done(lol)

Melora

PS I am not sure if I thanked you for sending the quilts, so just in case I forgot (high probability) THANK YOU!

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate all the nice comments.

Melora, knowing you, you'll probably get the crosshatching down to about 1/8", you and your micro-crap. I'll stick to 1/4 or more thank you.

Jeanne, the red part of the border is machine appliqued to the white part. I drew a template for one side on freezer paper and cut the sides all at once leaving an excess amount on the ends to miter. Does that make sense at all?

Rhonda Beyer has a pattern called Spanish Rose with a similar border pattern that I used for inspiration.

I cut a template from freezer paper for 1/2 of a border (from the center of the border out to the corner + extra for miter). I then layered 4 pieces of the red border fabric, right sides up, the length needed for each side border + some for miter. I pressed the freezer paper template on the right half of the layered fabric starting at the center measurement. Cut that half out, flipped the freezer paper over, pinned, and cut that half out. Appliqued the red pieces to large straight pieces of white. I turned under the curvy edge of the red and did a narrow machine hem to applique using Bottom Line thread and you can't even see it.

Does that make sense?

yes, thanks Lynda I had thought that you used that method where you layer the two fabrics Black and red cut the curve and then remove the top of one and bottom of the other and sew the two remaining together. that is another method but the curve may be too deep for it to work as the deeper the curve the harder it is to piece it. I like your method.

Archived