NQR PERFUME, UGH

Yes, Bobbette, I do!

The problem is people don't understand that just because you like a particular scent, it doesn't mean it smells good on you! Honestly, some peoples chemistry makes the best perfume/cologne smell like bathroom air freshener when it's needed. Yuck!!!

Anita

WOW, you all are super great!! I didn't know others felt the way I do. I'm not for taking away choices (except I love the smoking ban) some perfumes and guys stuff smell good but others make me sick. I'm afraid the "popular" stuff falls into the sick catagory. I can relate, my first crush wore "Brut" and I loved it. However, guess what happened to me this morning? I went to vote this morning and when they handed me the card to stick into the computer, yep is smelled to high heaven of perfume!!!!! I've washed my hands several times and still can't get rid of the smell.:mad:

Oh Vicki, you are right, nothing smells or feels better then "fresh, new" fabric:cool::cool::cool:

I didn't realize so many people had the same problem I do. I actually tell my friends that if I drive they can't wear perfume. I taught fifth grade for 38 years and I'd tell my students not to wear some things, because I couldn't breathe. I was nice about it, but I couldn't even help them with anything because I was sneezing so hard. There were times I would have to stop teaching, have the students wash the boards, and get rid of the excess chalk. I'm a lot better now that I'm retired.

Originally posted by Dave-Jane

O.K. Ladies, I just gotta know-- one of my daughters friends, boyfriend was wearing that AXE stuff, I had to go out and sit with the horses and llamas. Do you think the commercials are true? Do you really love it?? Or maybe its really Dad repellent in a can?---Dave B.

:P:P:P:

I work retail and we sell AXE stuff. Those dumba$$ commercials with the idiot teen boys spraying the stuff in the store and girls chasing them--stupid. But effective--you couldn't get away from the stench of the stuff.

And yes wise Grasshopper--it reeks!:o

We have a friend who runs the outpatient surgery department at a nearby hospital. She has several nurses on her staff who get migraines and have other problems with perfume type scents. Patients are given a set of directions when they go in for pre-op tests. These include instructions that the patient is not to use scented soap, scented deodorant, scented hair products, perfume, or after shave cologne products the morning of their procedure. She doesn't want members of her staff to get sick and the unit can't function properly if these staff need to leave because of illness.

Our daughter had to share an office with a guy who reeked of after shave or cologne. It was so bad that she said she could taste it. She started getting headaches. She felt bad saying anything to him because he was a rather large man and she figured that he was worried about offending people with possible body odor. She ended up avoiding her office as often as she could while he was in the office. He ended up moving to a different space and her new office mate doesn't overdue it with his after shave stuff.

Archived