Seashells/Seascape Panto Help

Anyone out there used the Seashells panto (paired with Seasacpe) from Debra Geissler? My customer wants seashells and I'm having a heck of a time getting the lines inside the shells to match up neatly. Seascape works fine, but large scallop shell and conch shell on this panto are really looking wonky.

I think I've got that panto, and have only used it once for that very reason. My suggestion would be to purposely make the lines inside the shells wavy so that when you stitch back over them, they don't look so much like you couldn't keep the lines straight. Or, do one straight, and the second pass wavy over the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. In the meantime, I spoke with the customer and suggested that we just use the seascape all over the quilt, since the fabric in the quilt would not let the detail of the shells show up in most places. She agreed (thank goodness!) and is happy with the finished product. Hopefully you can see this image I attached, this is the first time I've tried to post a picture on this forum.

Yeah I see the picture worked now!

post--13461905085658_thumb.jpg

Archived