My mother needs help

SewkoolTim

Hey everyone, this is my first post. My mom bought a millenium long arm not long ago and she has had problems with the machine. For example when she is sewing a circle the machine wants to jerk, so bad that the machine kinda shakes. As if the stepper motors are binding or something. Sorry i do not have the technical sewing terms down pat. I am electronics engineer so I can figure this out, but i need some ideas or some specs i should be looking for. Can anyone help with this issue.

Thank you!!!!!!!

LOL! Tell her not to give up.

Two offset cam nuts for the X axis and two offset cam nuts for the Y axis.

Two of the cam nuts are located on the rails at the front of the machine (for adjusting the wheels that roll along the rails of the table) and the other two cam nuts are located on the carriage at the back of the machine. You adjust these so the wheels roll smoothly on the rails and the carriage.

You really do need the users manual to see the excellent photos that show exactly how to make the adjustments.

who set up her machine for her? if it was done by someone with apqs, i'm bet they will help her. actually, i'm sure apqs will help her anyway. the customer service is really wonderful.

tell her not give up.....its so much fun when its right!

good luck and keep us posted!

Tim,

Google tells me that your mom lives in East Bend, North Carolina. If you check the "Find A Dealer" part of the APQS website, you'll find that there are several APQS reps close by, one just a few miles away and one in Raleigh. Between phone service to APQS (or one of our reps) and a possible on-site visit by one of the local reps, we should be able to take care of your mom's issues.

Intermittent electrical issues could be caused by problems with the motor brushes. How old is your mom's machine? And has it been serviced (by APQS or a service rep) and how recently?

More information will help us to accurately diagnose what's going on with your mom's Millie.

Tim,

You can also call us at the APQS factory and we will do our best to help get your mom up and running! If you feel that she would be uncomfortable without having you there to help her, we can also chat about how to reach you when you visit her this weekend. Send me an email at dawn@apqs.com and we'll work together to get her up and running!

APQS has amazing customer service. Personally for me? I must attest that yes, I have had some times where I needed them and yes, they have always come through with flying colors going above and beyond to please the customer (me). I hold them in the highest regard. I love these people from Iowa. :) They are not only a great company, they are good people.

thanks everyone. since you are so close debbie. i gave her your information. my dad is an electronics technician so he is very well capaple of fixing it to if he knew what to look for and what values are where etc etc...... ill try to get her to call you tomorrow. thanks again everyone. You guys are great. And reply alot faster then motorcycle forums. lol

Archived