best price paid

I have a question for everyone out here in the quilting world.

What is the best price that you or some else has paid for a longarm quilting machine. I mean, the best price you paid. The machine has to be in the best shape and condition for the money spent. I know someone that just bought a 1999 Gammill Classic on a 14' table that was regulated. It came with all these templets, 30 to 40 panto's and motifs on paper, free standing light bar, extra parts, 20 quilting info books, extra bobbin cases and 50 bobbins, about 3 bolts of batting, a lockable cabnet, two rolling free standing storage drawers, and a Janome sewing machine. All for $2500.00. Start your drooling now............................:P

Well, the only answer that I can give you is that each individual "deal" is made between the seller and the buyer. And every sale is different with every situation. So, whatever price the buyer is willing to pay, and if the seller is willing to sell it for the buyer's offered price (or vice versa) then that is what the machine is worth (for that transaction). Pretty simple. This also applies to sales for cars, houses and TV sets, etc.

Anyway, considering all of what you mentioned, the buyer got a good deal for the machine and supplies. :) Sometimes it works out like that.

It is a gammill, not a apqs, depends on the persons dreams, and if they came true with that machine. Life is what you make it and how you want your dreams to come true. I am pleased for the person that got the deal, but really it was their dream come true and not mine.

Just looking at the numbers, the purchaser of that Gammill got a killer deal.

But numbers rarely tell the whole story. Some machines are sold by remaining family members after a quilter passes away, and they don't really know the value of what they are selling. That would be my guess in this case, given that there was so much extra stuff - including that Janome! - included in the sale. Kinda sad, actually.....

Sometimes machines are sold due to a divorce, and the buyer might wind up with a better deal than usual because the seller(s) may be highly motivated - and ready to split marital assets.

Like Shana said, each deal depends on what the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept - rarely do we see the whole story here in the Forums.

Originally posted by barbm

Sometimes machines are sold due to a divorce, and the buyer might wind up with a better deal than usual because the seller(s) may be highly motivated - and ready to split marital assets.

Haaa! :D I remember reading something years ago where someone had sold his Corvette through a newspaper ad for $1.00 because he would rather sell the car for $1 than give his (soon to be ex) wife any money for the sale of that car. Some people are really vindictive. Whoever got the Corvette got a screaming deal.

Can you imagine this guy handing his wife two quarters and telling her "here's your half of the sale" And the look on her face?

Shana, I heard the same kind of thing only with a $50.00 New Cadillac. The guy was up north shack'in and called home for his wife, (who knew what he was up to), to sell the car and send him the money as he had run into a robber, etc, etc. Take Care, Oh heck , that was one hell of a deal- somebody has to win once and a while- I'm happy for them---Dave B.

Sorry everyone, but I always win this discussion. Sit down and get ready . . . . . .

I have a 1994 Gammill Premier on a 12 foot table . . . . . ..

It was adopted, for free. Yep, really.

Mind you, it's old and has no bells or whistles- not even a laser light (I joke that my on/off switch is the bell, and my light is the whistle). But I'd say I got the best deal ever. It came from a community center where it had been taken apart and put into storage for years. The machine head was in a mini barn outside, and the rollers were in the basement. The table was in the craft room, and every now and then I still pick out a sequin from the rails :D

Drug it all home, put it back together and it ran great. I still pinch myself sometimes and wonder what the heck I did to deserve such a blessing! Every year for Christmas I make doll quilts and take them up to the center for their toy drive, but it hardly seems like enough.

Archived