Help with Bobbin problems

Grammie

Hi everyone.

You know the knob on bobbin you hold onto when inserting the bobbin, Well my thread keeps wrapping around that during the quilting process and of course breaking my bobbin thread.

Any suggestions?

Not sure why it just started doing this. I changed bobbins.

I'm sorry, but I can't remember if you have one of the older machines like mine or not...I have the ULT II....when this happens to me its a timing issue....the bobbin thread is flipping past the key....(the little key that holds the bobbin housing in place) the thread is flipping though that to fast and catching the little lever on the front of your bobbin and gets caught....it wraps about two to three times and then breaks.

Also the timing may be just a bit off and the top thread is flipping through the hook assembly very sloppily (is that a word).

Call Mark in the morning and ask him for sure but I think the gap has loosened up and its too wide....does your bobbin housing rattle a little more than it use to? That's always a first indication its about to happen for me.

Thanks Bonnie,

Yes I have had this rattle for about two weeks. I had the bobbin start doing this last week but only every now and then. Today it seems to be doing it more often.

I have the Milli.

I'd better give them a call tomorrow.

Thank you sweetie!!

Grammie

Archived