Shipping company??

Try Uship. It's a web site where you list the details of your shipment and shippers bid on your job. You pick the bidder you want to handle the job. Different shippers offer different levels of service, from "white glove" where you don't do anything-the shipper will come take your machine apart pack and load it- to freight where you box and pallet it and deliver to their depot.

I had a machine picked up for me in FL last spring and delivered to TX. It was a really good experience. The shipper who hauled it for me was great. When I bought the machine it was listed as a 10' system. I listed it as such and accepted a bid on that basis. When he went to pick it up turned out to be a 12' model that would not fit in his van. He rented a U-haul truck so he could carry it. No fuss no extra charge

• 1 month later...

I was having the same problem with trying to get my "new to me" 14 ft table and Millie home. Contact APQS and they can tell you how many boxes, and what they weigh as shipped by them. Obviously yours may not be the exact same as when packed by them, but it's a great thing to use to start with U-Ship or Fed Ex or UPS ground etc to get estimates.

Archived