Invisble Thread

I have used invisible thread successfully for years on my APQS machine, either in the top, or the bottom, or both at the same time.

Loosen your tension to allow the thread to perform normally without stretching. Wind the bobbin only half full so it won't stretch as well. You can find great polyester as well as nylon varieties of invisible thread. I personally use both for different applications, but others can share their opinions as well.

If you have more specific questions, let us know!

I always use Monopoly, which is a polyester based clear thread, with either bottomline in the bobbin or Rasant. I also loosen the top tension and never have any problems. It's so good for SID when you've got lots of different fabric colors in your quilt. It really does disappear into the ditch.

Funnily enough, I've just done my first SID WITHOUT monopoly, because the quilt I'm working on is very brown/tan toned so I was able to use a Rasant thread on top that blended really well. There's a first time for everything!

Whilst I usually always use Monopoly for SID , I've not tried it for quilting in general.

Shelley

Just used Monolon for the first time. Oh my gosh it is wonderful. I have an applique top on right now and the customer wants a clear thread swirly thing (?) all over the appliques panel. As I had not used clear before I was scared, but boy this stuff is a dream

It is a Madeira product available at

www.columbiariverquilting.com

Listed under Madeira and then Monofil.

If they don't ship internationally, email me and I will order for you and ship it to you.

It is fabulous--actually so fine it is hard to thread the needle. I am using some now for quilting a floral border. I'll see if I can get a picture. It's hard when the thread is "invisible"!:P

I have done 3 t-shirt quilts with Monolon and never had one thread break. Love it, love it. Will never use anything else. Huge cone, so it will last a while. I am helping a friend catch up on some quilting for her customers that need them by Christmas...........one wants invisible thread. My friend sent a spool of clear Superior Monopoly, but I am going to use my Monolon instead. I've used the Superior and it is good, but not as good as Monolon. I've also used the invisible from Fil-Tec. Also a nice product.

My friend severely broke her ankle in August and has had 2 surgeries & complications and has to remain off her feet for a while yet. She has a small quilt shop in her home and quilts for customers. Most of her customers are patient and will wait for her to get clearance from the doctor to resume quilting, but a couple wanted them for Christmas.

Thanks for the info Linda...will look it up.....

OK...they will ship internationally....and WOW they answer emails super quick....that I like!!!!

But now I have to ask....is monolon invisible on all colours of fabric.....bit pricey so that cone is gona last me forever right?....lol....:D:D:D

Best Wishes

I used in on the t-shirt quilts with lots of different colors - lights, darks and everything in between. It almost disappeared into the fabric so didn't distort the pictures or lettering on the shirts at all. It is a HUGE cone. I've done 3 quilts and barely made a dent in it. It will last a long time.

Archived