Who's coming to Oregon next fall?

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

As you know, MQX West will be in Portland, Oregon next October. How many of you will be coming to visit our lovely state? I have heard from a friend that Innovations will be taking a break in 2011, so MQX will be the only Machine Quilters show on the West coast. I hope to see many of you here. Portland is such a cool town. So much to see and do, and the convention center will be awesome for a quilt show!!

Linda

Linda, I had planned to attend, and have been promoting MQX West to all my customers - but it's the same weekend as Spokane's Quilt Show, so I have to be there as a vendor, or lose my booth space, AND my opportunity to be available for potential APQS machine purchasers. So I don't get to come!:( You all have LOTS of fun for me, ya hear?!?

Guest Linda S

I'm not sure which hotel will be the "conference" hotel for MQX. If you go to Google Maps and look for the convention center, you can then look for hotels in the vicinity. I stayed at the Red Lion (just kitty-corner from the Convention Center) for quilt market 2008 and it was cheap, but probably only worth what I paid. It's best to check out the individual website. I think there's a nice Hilton nearby.

I'll be there! Looks like we will have a great group of APQS family members attending. I live two hours from Portland and plan to stay down there for the duration. I will have my car of course, so anyone who needs transportation--I'm your gal.

Don't forget, the fabulous Fabric Depot is about a half hour from the venue. We may need to plan a short road trip!

I guess as well, anyone who comes to Oregon is considered an official Moxie!!:P

Guest Linda S

Barb - I'm thinking that Spokane isn't all that far away from Portland, so I may just take a day or two and head over to your show also. I'm retiring on October 1 (well, actually April 1, but will work till October 1), so I will be footloose and fancy free!

Linda, the Spokane show will run Oct. 14-16, same days as the end of MQX West, which is why it's a conflict for me. If you decide to come over anyway, I have a guest room - and a Millie in the basement! Wait, the head will be at the Quilt show - shucks!:o

Spokane to Portland (or other way 'round) is about five hours in good weather, depending on how many rest stops (or quilt shops!) you hit along the way.....

Since I bike past there at least once per week, I guess that I'd better be going to. As if you could keep me away! MAX is the public transit train that runs right next to the Convention Center. If you can find a less expensive hotel that says it's on the MAX line, it might be worth your money. Sadly, Fabric Depot is off the Max line by about 1/2 a mile. However, I'm happy to help people get out there to visit as well. I won't even make you ride with me on my bike!

Archived