HEY out there DON'T forget ME

Just droping in to say hello. Still getting moved. Hubby coming from Kansas this weekend to move machine. Been packing and moving all week. Studio is so BIG but a MESS. Having fun folding and playing in my fabric. Rediscovering some of my fabrics again. Took a Uhaul just for my sewing room. lol

I am out of touch so DON'T forget me. I haven't got my new email setup yet. Out in the Country it is kinda tricky. I may have to get a yucky dialup temporarily.

Thinking of Satelite. Does anyone have this?

Anyway. Just wanted to say Hi to all my friends.

Happy Quilting!!!!

Grammie

LOLOLOL

I live in Texas and my husband is working in Kansas. I just relocated to another nearby town. Moving by myself as he is working away from home. My millie hasn't been moved yet.

Sorry I assume everyone knows me.

Have a great day.

Grammie

Hi Grammie,

Isn?t it fun going through all your forgotten fabrics, almost like shopping all over again!

In response to your Satellite question, if you are referring to TV satellite, it has been our experience that it is great (until it snows). But if you are staying in Texas you will not have that issue!

Happy organizing!

KB

Hi Grammie,

About your internet hookup. First I would have the phone company check to see if DSL is available or a cable company. Another way for DSL is wireless, which is what we have know since we moved.

We had satilite before and very expensive. I payed $600 to get the equipment and have it installed and then it was $65 a month to be online.

With DSL wireless it was $100 for the hookup and $28 for the month to be online.

What we truly discovered was that we get better speed with DSL then we ever did with the satilite dish and the dish was down more then we were online.

Really look into all possibilities Grammie and I wish you the best!!

As we were moving I got the local phone book and called every # that was in it for internet access and got as much info as possible.

Char

YEE Haw!?! As if we could forget you! Tammie we are just waiting for the

photo spread of that new studio!!!!!:P

I LOVE Karens comment about going through our fabric stash - just like

shopping! It also gives you more ideas and maybe even a couple of "What

was I thinking??!"

Hi Grammie!

Everytime I read something by you I have to smile. We already have a connection because my name is "Grammie" to my grandkids too (sometimes even "Grammie-Mama") and to find out that you're also in TX blew my mind! I'm in Allen, TX. (North east TX).

So let me know where you're at!

Grammie,

I am "Gramii BJ" to my grandkids.

Sattelite does not work in ICE storm, either. I know some ofTX gets some of those. Right?

Put your satt. dish where you can get at it to brush off snow and ice.

We learned the hard way. When we moved to the city of Bend from the woods in the mountain, we put it lower on the house instead of the roof.

Well I am at work tonight but have almost everything moved. Still have to get some window treatments up. Machine getting moved on Sunday. I miss my "Vera Mae".

I cannot wait to send pics. Probly by the end of month. Going to get it decorated up first.

I had no idea how much fabric I had. Bolts and Bolts not to mention piles and piles of 1 to 5 yard cuts. Fat quarters coming out of my ears. I just love going thru it all. All my UFO's just waiting to be finished. New ideas just popping in and out of my head. lol

I have 19 quilts waiting for October 1st to get here. Not taking anymore this year. That's enough with my work schedule and holidays approaching not to mention two weeks in Houston.

I have to get lots of samples done and I hope to get my wallhanging sampler done also. I have a "Finding a Longarm Buddie " lecture class on Sept 28th. Going to be fun. Doing it for a quilt club at a local Quilt shop. She will have several of my quilts hanging and two of the custom I did for her. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope I can get the silk scarf completed to take it as well. So much and so little time but I always seem to make it even if it is cutting close.

Hopefully the home we have just moved out of will sell soon (Have a contract pending) and well I can be a FULLTIME QUILTER soon. You know me, I get a little impatient but I'm trying not to. lol

PS. Did I mention that I'm going to be a GRAMMIE again. Son and wife expecting Number 2 in March of 2007.

Did someone tell you already that you are wonderful????;)

......Yeah...I believe, we all did*lol*:D:cool:

I laughed while reading this posting thread and enjoying my morning coffee!:D

Have a great time...even with the moving trouble!

And........congratulations to be a "double-grammie-tammie";)

Best wishes from over the ocean...

Claudia

Archived