Circle Lord and M&M Wheels

PattiH56

I recently replaced my wheels with the new M&M wheels; however, when I went to use my Circle Lord today, I found that the carriage is too low to the table and won't allow the CL templates to pass underneath.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? The bolts in the wheels don't look long enough to add washers and raise the carriage. Plus, I'm not sure how this would affect this type of wheel.

Thanks.

Patti

Eagan MN

Millennium

www.quiltsfromthetrail.com

Patti & Barbara, You should check with APQS to make absolutely sure, but I feel confident that you can put longer bolts in the carriage wheels, so that they will clear the CL boards. In face, Barb, I think we can use the same bolts you already have in your EdgeRiders! Patti, you'll need to add more washers to each bolt, the same on each, so that the carriage is raised just that little bit more to clear the boards.

Hi,

The M&M wheels are thicker than the APQS wheels. With the

APQS Wheels you have 3 washers and a Hex spacer from CL and a round spacer from APQS. When you put on the M&M wheels, you do not have to use the Hex spacer. You will be using the longer bolts supplied with the Circlelord stylus kit.

In, any case, you need in total 5/8th" gap under the machine. The M&M wheels are 3/8" thicker than the APQS wheels, so you have to remove 3/8th" when you put them on.

No one so far has had any lasting problem when putting on the new wheels.

I hope this helps.

Archived