SOLD: 2008 Lenni in Hattiesburg, Mississippi $7200

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Sylvia..........I've thought about you ever since that "other" machine sold on Ebay recently. :>) Still in shock over that. Anyway..............check with APQS. They seems to have refurbished machines or machines from customers who want to sell. Maybe they can get you on track to a good one. Good luck!

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

You all are so sweet. I hope this is not a mistake. The lady who was, at first, going to sell me her Mille has backed out. I have emailed and U2Ued about 3 others who have a Freedom or Mille for sale and they haven't gotten back with me (and it has been a week).

Sylvia even if they don't get back to you there will be another in a short amount of time! I hope you find everything you are waiting for.

Heidi

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Oh, Lisa, I don't know yet. Lisa, do you know the difference between the tables from 2008 until 2011?

Hi, Sylvia,

I don't think there is any difference in the tables, unless you get a Bliss table. Then the rails are different. But the table legs and the rollers on my 2005 Millie compared to my 2010 Freedom are identical. The table top itself is solid black on my new machine. The Millie had the clear lexan top. I hope this helps!

I am sending lots of good thoughts and positive energy your way for the perfect machine to find you!

Be patient!! Since you have RA you may want to consider that the Millie is a little bit heavier than the Freedom. I have both machines in my rental studio and the clients seem to prefer the Freedom as it is a bit lighter. (My Millie also has a compuquilter on it that adds weight but I used it many many hours before adding the computerized system and I agree that the Freedom is lighter.) Both machines are so much alike. The Freedom is an '06 model and Millie is 2010. I use both and wouldn't want to part with either one. (I know...I am spoiled!) I am saving to put Bliss on the the Millie. I do have the M&M wheels on both machines and LOVE them. Consider putting them on a used machine if the one you purchase does not already have them.

Good luck in your search for that great machine!

Hi Sylvia,

I am assuming that you have checked out the APQS machines on the Longarm University site? There are a couple of Libertys--smaller than the Milli but still stitch regulated (Linda S swears by hers).

A couple of Millis as well, but I don't know your size limitations as to table length.

Your new "partner" is out there waiting for you to find it!;)

Yea, Sylvia! One step closer to getting a new machine.

I just added fabric advance and even though I don't have diagnosed RA, do have a lot of problems with the joints in my hands and the motorized advance has made a huge difference for me with ease of use. So much easier to advance, and it keeps all layers together and even, and I think my finished quilt is better because of it.

If you have a period of time between the sale of your Lenni and the arrival of your new machine, just look at it as an opportunity to catch up on piecing and organizing your space. The right machine will show up before you know it.

I love you all!!! Just when I am sad sad for taking this step you guys say just the right things. I am going to take my time and try to make the right decision. I did the first time and Lenni was my prize. I know something just right will come along at just my price. You all are so sweet to lift me up!!! My wish is a Freedom or Mille with fabric advance and LED lights with a 12' table around $13,500. I know that is asking a lot but I will start there and adjust as I have to.

APQS might be having some hot deals soon ! That's how I got my Millie. I bought my machine March of last year. We went to the showroom in Des Moines just to look, test drive, talk, price - NEVER intending to buy a Millenium ! I was looking really hard at the Freedom SR, but at that time they had a special going and I got the Millenium for less $$ than the Freedom. One of the free "add ons" that day was Quilt Glide. I didn't think I would use that, so asked if I could have Fabric advance instead. They agreed ! They cost about the same. Best choice I could have made ! I have never regretted my decsion. The 8 year warranty also sold my husband. I figure unless something awful happens, this will probably be the last long arm I buy. By the time the warranty runs out, I will be 70+ and who knows what that will bring. :) I have friends who've had their machines 12, 14 or more years without any problems and they are still going strong. (the machines, that is........the friends aren't fairing so well. haha)

Too bad you didn't get your machine sold just a bit sooner as they had some really good buys on used machines for a while. Hang in there............just the right deal will come along when you least expect it. I sure didn't expect to come home from Des Moines that day the owner of a Millenium !!!!! :P:P:P

Yes Sylvia check it out. SW Ohio would be fairly close to me!!!! You could spend a couple of days here on your way to get her. You could stop at my house to rest up, quilt a little, eat a lot, get up early and go get her, come back to my house, park her in the garage, rest up, quilt a little, eat a lot and then go home to set her up !!!!!! I LOVE visitors. We rented a 16 passenger van with the seats removed and drove to Iowa to get our Millie.

Archived