Be afraid...be very afraid... It's finished--Yay!! Photos added

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished quilting the arcs--yikes! There were fewer tucks than I expected, but lots of "humpiness". I tried to figure out a pleasing design that would nail down all the seams--some are frayed and some look weak. No CCs or feathers on this baby--lots of nail-it-down quilting so it can be used.

I'll post an in-progress photo tomorrow--your encouragement has helped a lot. Now I have to try to live up to it!!:P

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!!

Here's where I am today. I decided to stitch a squiggle along the arc segments to nail down the edges. Then instead of CCs, I did diagonal lines across two patches. I was able to do an entire pass continuously.

Now I get to tackle those puffy pink areas. I took one tuck in the border already, at the bottom edge.

It's been an adventure!

Somehow this one isn't stressing me out at all. I don't know why. Maybe the piecer is guiding me!:)

post--13461905149275_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Wow! That first pick looked more like Halloween than Christmas time! ;) Looks like you're managing to tame that beast. I'll bet it will be lovely when you're finished.

...and a photo of the last and biggest problem--the attached border that needed three pleats. It's flat, square, and sooo puffy and puckery!

But...my customer was very happy with it. She is hanging it above her guest bed after binding and stain removal. She plans on a curved edge finish--not scallops, but soft curves.

Lots of decisions on this one were made on the frame. I knew the center area needed nailing down and the era-friendly flower and leaves with the stipple worked well.

I love this one!!:)

post--1346190518867_thumb.jpg

Archived